- Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Turnitin is revolutionising the experience of writing to learn. Turnitin’s formative feedback and originality checking services promote critical thinking, ensure academic integrity and help students improve their writing. Turnitin provides instructors with the tools to engage students in the writing process, provide personalised feedback, and assess student progress over time. Turnitin's applications are used by more than 33 million students at 15,000 institutions in 140 countries. Turnitin is headquartered in Oakland, California with international offices in the UK, the Netherlands, South Korea and Australia.
We are seeking a DevOps Engineer to join our technical operations team. You will help define systems, tools, and platforms on which Turnitin’s infrastructure and applications are deployed and operated. As Turnitin migrates to the cloud, you’ll work with our DevOps engineers to ensure the quality, operability, and security of Turnitin’s services through careful design and automation.
What we expect from you:
- Programming ability in languages such as Go, Java or Python.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes in both development and production environments.
- Experience with modern application performance monitoring tools like NewRelic or Datadog.
- Continuous integration and delivery platforms such as CircleCI, or Jenkins
- You will have experience with service architecture, including service discovery, monitoring, caching, centralised logging, reliable background job processing and circuit breaking.
- Experience with information security and data privacy a plus. This position reports to the CISO.
- History of operationally minded behaviour, particularly with tools like Terraform, cloud providers like Amazon Web Services, and orchestration systems like Kubernetes.
- An enthusiasm for solving challenging problems.
- Competitive salary and pension scheme
- Flexible working and generous holiday allowance
- Various salary sacrifice schemes
- Free breakfasts, fruit, drinks and snacks
- International travel (occasional)