Customer Support Specialist
- Oakland, CA, USA
Turnitin is revolutionizing the experience of writing to learn. Turnitin’s formative feedback and originality checking services promote critical thinking, ensure academic integrity and help students improve their writing. Turnitin provides instructors with the tools to engage students in the writing process, provide personalized feedback, and assess student progress over time. Turnitin'sapplications are used by more than 30 million students at 15,000 institutions in 140 countries. Turnitin is headquartered in Oakland, Calif., with international offices in Newcastle, U.K., Utrecht, Netherlands, Seoul, South Korea and Melbourne, Australia.
You will play a critical role in the delivery of world-class client support and are responsible for responding to technical and non-technical customer queries.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual with a technical or customer support background to expand our Product Specialist team. The successful candidate will possess very strong problem-solving and communication skills. They will thrive in a fast paced, team-oriented environment, and process the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously. This role is best suited for a self-starter who is comfortable working with internal and external customers.
- Proactively support the Turnitin product line via primarily email, (sometimes phone & live chat), ensuring problem resolution, system access, and optimal system performance.
- Coordinate closely with Engineering and Product Management on all product issues & releases.
- Develop positive customer and cultural relations.
- Assist in the translation, maintenance, and updating of technical documentation associated with the product line.
- Support other strategic initiatives as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or applicant with experience working in a customer support role.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple projects, set priorities, work independently, and perform under pressure.
- Moderate to advanced computer skills.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following Operating Systems (Windows, Mac, Linux).
- A good understanding of Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Proficient with Customer Relationship Management software such as SalesForce, RightNow, or ZenDesk and Cisco or Bria phone systems.
- Ability to work with sensitive and confidential material and possess excellent judgment.
- Familiarity with Learning Management Systems such as Blackboard, Moodle, Canvas or D2L.
- Broad understanding of web technologies and Software as a Service (SasS).
- Experience troubleshooting basic SaaS or browser-related issues.
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or veterans status.