Web and Mobile eCommerce Senior Application Engineer
- Baltimore, MD
Twin Technologies is a technology consulting services firm with an experienced engineering team and deep sector expertise. We deliver and service business optimization, e-Commerce and systems integration engineering solutions and we have a user experience architecture team that can design rich and intuitive visual experiences for your software.
Twin Technologies services include:
Commercial development and Integration
White Label Consulting Services for Existing Enterprises
Vertical Expertise: Healthcare, Financial Services, Digital Media, Human Capital, Retail
Technical Domains: Web 2.0, RIA, SaaS, Flex/Java, LiveCycle
Key Partnerships: Adobe, Brightcove, IBM,Visible Measures
We are actively seeking a Senior Software Engineer for a contracting opportunity to join an existing team working on a high-visibility / high profile eCommerce website. The engineer must have the ability to adapt to change quickly because goals and initiatives are frequently adjusted. We are looking for individuals that work well under pressure and are able to manage multiple assignments concurrently.
- 3-5 years of web scripting language experience (ex. ColdFusion (preferred), Ruby, Python, Java, .Net,
Node.js, or similar scripting / web application technology).
- Practical experience with MSSQL and MongoDB.
- Familiarity with dual tablet / desktop browser implementation.
- Familiarity with agile development concepts and methodologies.
- Experience working with ticket-based project management systems (ex. Jira, TargetProcess,
OnTime, Lighthouse, Basecamp, etc).
- Ability to take business requirements and deconstruct them into work / development tasks.
- Ability to author test cases for work / development tasks.
- Ability to author realistic and accurate time estimates for work / development tasks.
Additional Required Skills and Experience
- Experience using GIT.
- 5-7 years of front-end engineering on a moderate to heavily trafficked website.
Please note that the skills below– while not required – are desired and will be looked upon favorably.
- eCommerce experience with top retail 250 web sites.
- Server-side Development Experience in Java, Go, Node.js is preferred.
- Experience in site performance profiling and tuning with a high-traffic / complex site.
- Experience with Scene7 Digital Asset Repository and DAM concepts.
- Web Scripting Language Experience (ex. ColdFusion, Ruby, Python, Java, .Net).
- Database Experience (ex. MSSQL, MongoDB, CouchDB, MySQL).
- We prefer to have someone local to the Baltimore/DC area. Even though the travel to customer site requirements are listed as 25%, there may be periods throughout the year when someone will need to be onsite quickly. The rest of the time you can telecommute from your home office-remotely.
- 6-9 month 1099 contract position to start, with the potential to go fulltime in the future
- start date is ASAP
If this sounds like the right job for you, then use the button below to submit your resume. We look forward to receiving your application.