Web and Mobile eCommerce Front-End Architect
- Baltimore, MD
Twin Technologies is a technology consulting services firm with an experienced engineering team and deep sector expertise. We deliver and service business optimization, e-Commerce and systems integration engineering solutions and we have a user experience architecture team that can design rich and intuitive visual experiences for your software.
Twin Technologies services include:
Commercial development and Integration
White Label Consulting Services for Existing Enterprises
Vertical Expertise: Healthcare, Financial Services, Digital Media, Human Capital, Retail
Technical Domains: Web 2.0, RIA, SaaS, Flex/Java, LiveCycle
Key Partnerships: Adobe, Brightcove, IBM,Visible Measures
We are actively seeking a UI Architect / Front-End Architect for a contract to hire opportunity. Our client is looking for someone that is passionate about architecting web applications that perform well across browsers, operating systems, languages and devices. This role will be challenged with elevating the client-side architecture of an e-commerce platform to inspire customers, simplify the shopping experience, and build customer valued innovation into every aspect of the e-commerce experience.
- Organize and implement in-house client-side development and implementation
standards and best practices.
- Determine the strategic and tactical direction of the front-end architecture as well
as contribute to the implementation of the highest profile projects with the organization.
- Collaborate with other groups and business sponsors to provide leadership and
direction on how to implement approved wireframes or design concepts.
- Manage the delivery of client-side / front-end projects spanning multiple developers.
- Drive and implement QA best-practices for testing front-end projects.
- Suggest tools, technologies, and best practices to decrease development time, reduce
UI defects, and improve the maintainability of the client-side customer experience.
- Establish a flexible and diverse strategy for delivering content using proven, relevant,
and maintainable design and development patterns.
- Evaluate front-end performance metrics and demonstrate ways to improve
client-side performance and page-load time.
- Create wireframes and prototypes from UX Designs that can be reviewed by both
project stakeholders as well as development team members.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience using GIT.
- 5-7 years of front-end engineering on a moderate to heavily trafficked website.
- 2+ years as Lead Front-End Architect.
Please note the below list of skills – while not required – are desired and will be looked upon favorably:
- eCommerce experience with a top 250 retail company (fashion and apparel).
- Server-side Development Experience in Java, Go, Node.js is preferred.
- Experience in site performance profiling and tuning with a high-traffic / complex site.
- Experience with Scene7 Digital Asset Repository and DAM concepts.
- Web Scripting Language Experience (ex. ColdFusion, Ruby, Python, Java, .Net).
- Database Experience (ex. MSSQL, MongoDB, CouchDB, MySQL
- Start Date- ASAP
- This is a contract to hire position with our client. We expect this local resource to be on-site at least 50% of the time during the beginning of the engagement and work their way to 100% onsite if the decision is made to hire.
If this sounds like the right job for you, then use the button below to submit your resume. We look forward to receiving your application.