Sr. Back-End/eCommerce/Java/Scala Software Engineer
- Philadelphia, PA
Twin Technologies is a technology consulting services firm with an experienced engineering team and deep sector expertise. We deliver and service business optimization, e-Commerce and systems integration engineering solutions and we have a user experience architecture team that can design rich and intuitive visual experiences for your software.
Twin Technologies services include:
Commercial development and Integration
White Label Consulting Services for Existing Enterprises
Vertical Expertise: Healthcare, Financial Services, Digital Media, Human Capital, Retail
Technical Domains: Web 2.0, RIA, SaaS, Flex/Java, LiveCycle
Key Partnerships: Adobe, Brightcove, IBM,Visible Measures
We are seeking a few good men and women to help build a “best of breed” International eCommerce site for a top 200 Apparel and Footwear Web Retailer that meets nine digit sales figures year over year. If selected, your work will be visible and touched by customers worldwide every day via one of the world’s most exciting, visible, and growing brands.
Seeking Senior eCommerce / Back-End / Java / Scala Software Engineers
Understand the inner-workings of the CMS domain? Have software architecture and delivery experience with large-scale retailers? Know first-hand the difficulties and challenges associated with implementing responsive content for eCommerce? Comfortable with the nuances of the B2B Retail space? If you have obtained a level of mastery in the discipline of software architecture, understand just how silly the last sentence was, and have a track record of delivering scalable customer-facing solutions -- then this opportunity may be perfect for you.
Our teams practice the delivery values of craftsmanship, trust, and innovation every day on our projects and in our engagements. We are looking for new team members that share these values, and are interested in working with top talent on high-performing delivery teams.
We are looking for a proven and exceptional software engineers with credible experience working on large-scale enterprise applications using modern client-facing and server-side technologies. Be warned -- this opportunity is not for the faint of heart -- or novice application developer. If you have this experience and are looking for an aggressive “once in a career” challenge, then please reach out to us and express your interest.
What You Need for this Position
You should have experience working with and implementing eCommerce-centric customer-facing and management features in an enterprise application environment. Additionally, we are looking for team members that can live up to the following position requirements.
1. Familiarity with high-scale server environments, including how to deal with production and staging deployment environments, configuration of software and third party systems for high availability and redundancy, and best practices around common deployment / operations concepts.
2. Experience working as a reliable and reliable and productive teammate on cross-functional delivery teams that follow agile / scrum best practices.
3. Scala and Java with Play, Spring, JSP, and other frameworks.
4. MongoDB. You can read BSON in your sleep, and curly braces haven’t scared you in 20 years.
5. Experience designing, implementing, and consuming REST APIs.
6. Fluent with core Java, and experience / knowledge of the open source community
7. Objective-C, C#.NET, Go, and Python are all bonuses. We don't necessarily work with all these languages, but want people that have the drive, experience, and mindset to recognize when these languages should be used and why.
Key Qualities That You Possess
1. You aren't just an amazing engineer; you're an entrepreneur who loves to build things and talk to the people who use them. You want to build something amazing that people love to use every day.
2. You value customers and users -- and know how to speak with them to get that little “extra” piece of information that can make a good solution great, and a great solution awesome.
3. You understand the difference between working, effective, and high-performance teams -- and have the ability to empower team-members to maximize their ability to deliver working software.
4. You are not confined or limited in your technology choices and believe in using the right tool for the job. That being said, you have the passion and knowledge to engage in discussions about various tooling and technologies.
5. You see beauty in concise, intuitive APIs: RESTful, pragmatic, and predictable.
6. You know from experience what people mean when they say “simplicity is hard”, and would choose simple and elegant solutions over complicated and complex ones every day of the week.
7. You are comfortable working with legacy systems, and have experience taking a measured approach to solving how legacy code and systems are refactored and replaced with something better and more maintainable.
8. Your front-end kung-fu will keep you safe in a dark alley.
Software Engineering Experience
2-5+ years software engineering experience
2+ years enterprise experience with Java or a similar programming language
2 years experience running Agile software projects
1+ year experience developing production Node.js applications
Understanding of Test Driven Development and QA Automation
Deep understanding of building REST APIs
Experience working with relational (MSSQL) and NoSQL (MongoDB, Couchbase) databases
BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
1+ years SASS / LESS CSS experience
Practical experience implementing responsive design (preferably with eCommerce)
Familiarity with eCommerce user experience (UX) in a mobile / tablet setting
General Software Experience
Strong software engineering & architecture fundamentals
Familiarity with large-scale eCommerce applications
Object-oriented programming and design including MVC
Experience working on a Scrum team and use of Agile project tools
Experience working on a high-traffic / customer-facing site
You have a “do whatever it takes” attitude
You want to contribute within a fast-paced agile environment
You exhibit “quality driven behavior” in how you work and communicate
You excel at working with clients, customers, and within teams
You have a desire to build “career-moving” applications
You understand and respect that deadlines matter
You have the humility to learn from your mistakes
You live up to the commitments you make
You can provide personal references that will vouch for you
You can travel periodically to meet with team members
You are trustworthy, and value trust in your teammates
You are a craftsman and this quality reflects in your work
You recognize and can capitalize on opportunities that require innovation
We are looking for motivated, hungry, and energetic individuals that are opportunity driven, humble, and looking to grow as our company grows. Our clients demand the best -- and our quality, delivery, and values empower us to live up to their needs. If this sounds like the right job for you, then use the button below to submit your resume. We look forward to receiving your application.