- Philadelphia, PA
Twin Technologies is a technology consulting services firm with an experienced engineering team and deep sector expertise. We deliver and service business optimization, e-Commerce and systems integration engineering solutions and we have a user experience architecture team that can design rich and intuitive visual experiences for your software.
Twin Technologies services include:
Commercial development and Integration
White Label Consulting Services for Existing Enterprises
Vertical Expertise: Healthcare, Financial Services, Digital Media, Human Capital, Retail
Technical Domains: Web 2.0, RIA, SaaS, Flex/Java, LiveCycle
Key Partnerships: Adobe, Brightcove, IBM,Visible Measures
We are looking for a number of Senior Back-End Developers to add to our team that have proficiency and experience with implementing system and business engagements on the Demandware eCommerce Platform. If you are a back-end engineer that is familiar modern web technologies and concepts, has eCommerce implementation experience, and has worked with languages such as php, ruby, .net, java / jsp in an enterprise environment -- then this opportunity may be perfect for you.
Seeking Senior Demandware / eCommerce / Java / Ruby / PHP / Back-End Engineers
This is a remote position -- you can work from anywhere. If you lack Demandware experience but have amazing back-end skills -- please reach out to us. We will train you on the platform -- and while platform experience is desired, it is not a prerequisite.
What You Need for this Position
Our client currently has several sites that run on the Demandware eCommerce platform. As such, we are looking for team members with the following qualities:
1. Ability to collaborate with developers, business analysts, product owners, and UX resources to take business requirements and deliver application features driven by their definition.
2. Experience partnering with UI engineers to provide the underlying data services necessary to create compelling data-driven customer experiences.
3. Practical experience with mobile / multiple form-factor development and responsive design concepts - complemented by SEO and Social Media Integration best practices.
4. Demandware Platform Experience. You possess a practical and proven understanding of the Demandware platform -- and can work with front-end developers responsible for the responsive UI implementation in accordance with the client’s UX specification.
Key Qualities That You Possess
1. You have a passion for creating beautiful and iconic front-end solutions -- and understand what is involved with producing excellent customer experiences in web applications.
2. You understand the guiding principles of great usability -- and how they can be applied to create web application experiences that resonate with customers.
3. You are not confined or limited in your technology choices and believe in using the right tool for the job. That being said, you have the passion and knowledge to engage in discussions about various tooling and technologies.
4. You know from experience what people mean when they say “simplicity is hard”, and would choose simple and elegant solutions over complicated and complex ones every day of the week.
5. Knowledge and experience with traditional programming languages (ex. Node.js, Objective-C, Java, C#.NET, Python. Go, and Scala) are all bonuses. We don't necessarily work with all these languages, but want people that have the drive, experience, and mindset to recognize when these languages should be used and why.
6. You see beauty in concise, intuitive APIs: RESTful, pragmatic, and predictable.
7. You know from experience what people mean when they say “simplicity is hard”, and would choose simple and elegant solutions over complicated and complex ones every day of the week.
8. You are comfortable working with legacy systems, and have experience taking a measured approach to solving how legacy code and systems are refactored and replaced with something better and more maintainable.
9. Your front-end kung-fu will keep you safe in a dark alley.
Software Engineering Experience
2-5+ years software engineering experience
2+ years enterprise experience with Java or a similar programming language
2 years experience running Agile software projects
1+ year experience developing production Node.js applications
Understanding of Test Driven Development and QA Automation
Deep understanding of building REST APIs
Experience working with relational (MSSQL) and NoSQL (MongoDB, Couchbase) databases
BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
1+ years SASS / LESS CSS experience
Practical experience implementing responsive design (preferably with eCommerce)
Familiarity with eCommerce user experience (UX) in a mobile / tablet setting
General Software Experience
Strong software engineering & architecture fundamentals
Familiarity with large-scale eCommerce applications
Object-oriented programming and design including MVC
Experience working on a Scrum team and use of Agile project tools
Experience working on a high-traffic / customer-facing site
You have a “do whatever it takes” attitude
You want to contribute within a fast-paced agile environment
You exhibit “quality driven behavior” in how you work and communicate
You excel at working with clients, customers, and within teams
You have a desire to build “career-moving” applications
You understand and respect that deadlines matter
You have the humility to learn from your mistakes
You live up to the commitments you make
You can provide personal references that will vouch for you
You can travel periodically to meet with team members
You are trustworthy, and value trust in your teammates
You are a craftsman and this quality reflects in your work
You recognize and can capitalize on opportunities that require innovation
We are looking for motivated, hungry, and energetic individuals that are opportunity driven, humble, and looking to grow as our company grows. Our clients demand the best -- and our quality, delivery, and values empower us to live up to their needs. If this sounds like the right job for you, then use the button below to submit your resume. We look forward to receiving your application.