Gas Utility Field Technician
- New York, NY
On a daily basis, energy and utility companies face infrastructure, technical and operational challenges that range from government mandates to public concern and budget restrictions. At ULC Robotics we help develop and deploy technology which assists our clients in overcoming these issues, allowing them to get more done with less resources.
Our team develops advanced robotic tools and cameras capable of entering live pressurized gas mains to perform inspection and repair. We can analyze and redesign standard processes in order to decrease the time and costs associated with planning and performing routine work. The results we produce enable utility companies to reduce disruption to the public by minimizing excavation and simplifying the engineering process. ULC Robotics can even supply a supplemental workforce to tackle technical services; such as meter exchanges and inspections.
We are currently seeking a field technician capable of performing shop and field work:
- Operation of our CCTV and robotic pipeline inspection camera and crawler systems to perform inspections of underground pipelines
- Utilization of our specialized tools and processes for gas utilities
The ideal candidate will be electrically and mechanically inclined with a background in natural gas plumbing, Pipeline CCTV Inspections, Pipeline locating, interested in robotics electronics and mechanics, professional, provide outstanding customer service and be capable of understanding the critical nature of our work.
Please use the link below to respond with your resume, references and a brief description of yourself.
- Represent our company in the field -- manage client expectations and maintain a professional demeanor at all times
- Be responsible for setup, operation of inspection and repair robots in critical environments
- Become an expert of our processes and systems
- Willingness to learn and perform work on projects of vastly differing scope and which require a variety of skill sets
- Perform technical plumbing work with natural gas
- Perform electrical and mechanical repairs in the field and shop
- Willingness to travel and work non-standard days/hours as necessary
- Has a background in natural gas pipeline repair, installations.
- Has knowledge of utility locating or mark out
- Has a familiarity in pipeline CCTV inspections
- Has a technical background -- plumbing field services technology, machine shop, electronics
- Has a strong background in gas related plumbing
- Able to follow strict procedures
- Will have an interest or background related to robotics or remotely controlled tooling
- Is very hands on and is mechanically and electrically inclined
- Has experience troubleshooting complex problems
- Is capable of accurately completing reports outlining daily work performed
- Can handle themselves well in high pressure situations
Our Company is proud to offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Excellent Health Plan
- 401K Plan
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Days
- Paid Holidays
- Dynamic and supportive work environment
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.