- Toronto, ON, Canada
Ubisoft Toronto Inc.
224 Wallace Avenue. M6H 1V7
Location of position: Toronto, Ontario
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery. At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create worlds people will fall in love with. Whether as an elite spy, a master assassin, or a fearless explorer, we put the player at the heart of all our games.
Established in 2010, Ubisoft Toronto is a growing and diverse team on a collective mission to create what’s next in AAA open world games. The studio recently shipped Far Cry 5 in collaboration with Ubisoft Montreal. At E3 2017, Ubisoft Toronto announced its first new IP, Starlink: Battle for Atlas, an all-new, action-adventure game where players assemble customizable controller-mounted starships and launch into epic, interplanetary adventures. The studio shipped its first lead production, Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell® Blacklist™, to critical acclaim in 2013 and has contributed to multiple award-winning Ubisoft brands including: Assassin’s Creed®, Far Cry®, Watch Dogs®, and For HonorTM.
In 2018 Ubisoft Toronto was honoured as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for the third consecutive year, and as one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People.
The Texture Artist will create and/or apply textures to game elements and environments.
Type of Position: Permanent, full-time.
The main and routine tasks of the Texture Artist are to:
- Assist in research and collection of texture reference
- Apply the project’s artistic direction when creating textures;
- Know the objects and environments created by modellers;
- Produce all required textures (nmap, spec, diffuse, etc.) to meet quality standards;
- Create or modify textures;
- Use good judgement and expertise to optimize the number of textures that are produced and their uses;
- Generate the object mapping assigned;
- Play a proactive role with the team of modellers and lighting technicians to adapt textures to their needs and constraints;
- Verify the quality of the textures once they are imported into the game and make any necessary improvements;
- Correct the texture bugs entered by lighting technicians to eliminate anomalies;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
College diploma in modelling for video games or equivalent training or experience.
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in modelling, texturing, lighting or image processing or other relevant experience in video game development;
- Experience in the creation of a wide variety of textures (ie. terrain, vegetation, structural & props) for at least 2 AAA titles.
- Knowledge of Zbrush, Photoshop, 3DSmax, Substance Painter, and Substance Designer
- Strong traditional painting and drawing skills
- Knowledge of physically based rendering (PBR) pipelines
- Some photogrammetry knowledge or experience
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to have quick turnover
- Good observation skills
- Ability to accept feedback
- Ability to adapt to change
- Ability to work under pressure
- Creativity (originality and resourcefulness in problem-solving)
Comprehensive Benefits Package:
o Disability Insurance
o Dental Insurance
o Extended medical insurance
o (Optional) RRSP contribution
o Bonus (If Applicable)
Why Ubisoft Toronto?
Scored by The Economist as the Best City to Live, our studio is located in the trendy Junction Triangle located in West Toronto, close to TTC, the hottest bars and restaurants, and excellent coffee shops. We celebrate successes as a team at our monthly UbiBash events, and invite our families to events throughout the year including our annual Kids Holiday Party and Summer BBQ. We give back to help make our community better through our team volunteer days and fundraising activities. We hold regular game jams to fuel our team’s creativity. Ubisoft Toronto conducts annual performance reviews to help our team develop their careers and grow with our studio, and provides the opportunity for salary increases annually as part of the performance review process. Ubisoft Toronto also offers a comprehensive health benefits package, generous RRSP matching, industry education support, training and career development, flexible days, on-site Yoga and Bootcamp classes, fresh fruit, Life Drawing classes, as well as spontaneous team surprises such as Pi Day, Star Wars Day, and Halloween.
We hunt for talent from across the industry – seasoned experts that know what it takes to ship world-class games and the next generation of game developer all-stars. We value team chemistry and a desire to grow our studio together. If this sounds like your kind of studio, what are you waiting for? Apply to join us now!
Ubisoft Toronto is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. The studio welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.