Lead 3D Environment Artist (M/F)
- Annecy, France
Ubisoft's teams are driven by their desire to enrich the lives of players by original and memorable entertainment experiences. They give life to amazing worlds, real playgrounds where the imagination can express itself freely, giving birth to surprising moments of fun and adventure that also help you as a player to discover yourself and learn.
Founded in 1996, Ubisoft Annecy has developed many sagas, especially on Rayman, Splinter Cell, Assassin’s Creed®, Tom Clancy’s : The Division®, Ghost Recon Wildlands and Steep !
By joining Ubisoft Annecy, you will have the opportunity to join a community of passionate and collaborate, but also to evolve, with pioneering teams in their field, from all around the world. You will progress in a benevolent and inspiring environment in which you push the boundaries of imagination and technology to create the worlds that will enthrall our players.
Do you have talent and experience in the video game industry? Do you want to join a challenging, stimulating, creative and friendly work environment? Join us!
Ubisoft Annecy is looking for a Lead Environment Artist (M/F) for its Production Studio in order to work on the continuation of the AAA Title, Tom Clancy's Division, under development at Ubisoft Annecy.
At the heart of the Art team and under the management of the Lead World, and with help from the Art Director, you will be responsible for the graphic quality of the environments produced in Annecy.
You will work closely with the Lead Level Designer and the Graphic Technical Director, and will be responsible for the production of artistic content within the given deadline and constraints.
As such, your main missions will be:
- Under the supervision of the DA, you should understand and bring artistic direction to the Environment Artists team while ensuring its understanding, enrichment and application,
- Accompany and develop a team of Level Artists / Environment Artists to achieve the ambitious goals of an AAA game,
- Structure and organize the production of the team in order to build and maintain a successful team,
- Participate in establishing an excellent collaboration with our partner studios, which is a key element of success as well as with other production trades
You have at least 5 years’ experience as an Environmental Artist, plus at least one significant experience as a Manager or Team lead LA.
Your communication, your artistic judgment, your proactivity and your team spirit are part of your strengths;
Having French speaking skills a big plus.
- Excellent knowledge of video game development process and interactions between the artistic, design and technical jobs;
- High artistic skills, the design and composition of 3D environment in realistic-style are part of your strengths;
- You know the constraints related to real time and master the "basic" 3D graphics tools such as 3DS Max, Maya, etc.);
- To be strong in organization and anticipation while being creative;
- Know how to collaborate and communicate constructively;
- Take initiatives and be committed to achieving high results;
- You demonstrate leadership and are able to coach a team in a changing professional environment;
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All information will be treated confidentially in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.
At Ubisoft Annecy, we are looking for innovative and original minds that are challenging, and who want to build the future of the video game industry.
Position available as soon as possible.
Please send your resume, and all personal / professional work or Website that may interest us for this position.
Require references for your book : production of realistic style.
Integrate the Ubisoft French studios, it is also:
- Join passionate and highly technical teams, all driven by the desire to design and develop innovative games and stand out for their quality
- Collaborate with teams recognized for their experience on renowned franchises
- Develop expertise by participating in in-house sharing events (talks, conferences, trade shows) and benefiting from tailor-made training programs
- Evolve in a leading French videogame company represented in 30 different countries, with opportunities for international development.