Artistic Director M/F
- Annecy, fr
Ubisoft's teams are driven by their desire to enrich the lives of players by original and memorable entertainment experiences. They give life to amazing worlds, real playgrounds where the imagination can express itself freely, giving birth to surprising moments of fun and adventure that also help you as a player to discover yourself and learn.
Founded in 1996, Ubisoft Annecy has developed many sagas, especially on Rayman, Splinter Cell, Assassin’s Creed®, Tom Clancy’s : The Division®, Ghost Recon Wildlands and Steep !
By joining Ubisoft Annecy, you will have the opportunity to join a community of passionate and collaborate, but also to evolve, with pioneering teams in their field, from all around the world. You will progress in a benevolent and inspiring environment in which you push the boundaries of imagination and technology to create the worlds that will enthrall our players.
Do you have talent and experience in the video game industry? Do you want to join a challenging, stimulating, creative and friendly work environment? Join us!
Under the direction of the Artistic Director Project located at the Massive Entertainment studio (Sweden) and the responsibility of the Lead World (Annecy), you will be responsible for the artistic quality of the World delivered by the Annecy studio as part of the co-produced productions for brand The Division.
As Artistic Director World, you will be at the heart of the development of an AAA game: a member of the creative team, the link between the creative vision and the artists, the voice of the artistic team.
Your missions will be:
- Understand, assimilate, enrich and participate in the transmission of the artistic charter of the project and its contents
- Communicate and develop visual concepts necessary for the realization of the production, in accordance with the technical constraints and gameplay.
- Working closely with other World Team leads and other trades within the project, to ensure that the project guideline is followed.
- Find the balance between artistic aspects and technical constraints.
- Ensure that teams have the means to appropriate the artistic vision and to enrich it.
- Approve the work done by the World Team in order to reach quality objectives and respect deadlines.
- Manage a team of Concept Artists and Lighting Artists and ensure the development of the team.
- Contribute to work planning in collaboration with Lead Level Art & Lead World.
- Collaborate in Co-Development with the Lead studio at all stages of the game development.
Are you a visionary who motivates, inspires and supports an artistic team to turn the concept into reality? Come and take up a new challenge with Ubisoft Annecy's The Division team!
Minimum 1 experience as Artistic Director or 5 years of leadership experience in the full development of AAA video games.
Required Skills :
- A good understanding of all stages of the production of a video game AAA
- Knowing how to communicate an artistic vision
- Ability to give constructive and well-argued feedback
- Ability to accept feedback and adapt to it
- Fluency in oral and written communication in English (basics in French will be a plus)
- Demonstrate Leadership and Openness
- Know how to be demanding while generating a friendly working climate
- Know how to work closely with a Lead Level Art
- Understanding the fundamentals of art and artistic culture (History of art / architecture / urbanism / design / etc.)
- Effective time management, problem solving and organizational skills
This position is available from February 2019, thank you to send us your resume and any personal / professional Portfolio or Web Site that may interest us for this position.
Desired references for your book: staging and real-time realistic style sets.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.
At Ubisoft Annecy, we are looking for innovative and original minds that are challenging, and who want to build the future of the video game industry.
Integrating the Ubisoft French studios also means:
- Join passionate and highly technical teams, all driven by the desire to design and develop innovative games and stand out for their quality
- Collaborate with teams recognized for their experience on renowned franchises
- Develop expertise by participating in in-house sharing events (talks, conferences, trade shows) and benefiting from tailor-made training programs
- Evolve in a leading French videogame company represented in 30 different countries, with opportunities for international development.