Game and Tech Production Manager
- Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Who we are
Ubisoft Winnipeg is a technology studio with a unique mission: develop new technologies that will change the way we build video game worlds. We are the only Ubisoft studio focused on exploring the unknown to develop technology that empowers game creators—at all Ubisoft studios—to build even better, more immersive worlds across our major brands such as Far Cry, Assassin’s Creed and Watch Dogs. Our vanguard studio is on the hunt for passionate and experienced innovators to lead our inspired team in the creation of leading-edge technology in one of Canada’s fastest growing cities for game and tech development. Join the family!
Who you are
You see the vision, transform it into a roadmap of milestones, and inspire and guide your team to reach them. You are the production manager.
You know that video game production is hard, but your goal is to make it easier. You can build a team to share the load, collaborating with and supervising smaller multidisciplinary teams to get your deliverables across the finish line. You will be the driving force behind them all, the guarantor of smooth sailing. You have dreams about the things that could go wrong, then in the morning you go to work and proactively prevent them from happening.
What you’ll do
- Participate in the hiring, long term development, and day to day operation of a production development team;
- Drive the creative process with team members to define and develop the best products possible;
- Be responsible for the overall quality and on time delivery of the project;
- Participate in defining the content deliverables, milestones, and various decisions related to the project;
- Organize and coordinate the different activities and resources necessary to the production process (development, planning, debugging, etc.);
- Assess workloads when defining the scope and during development in order to support the teams;
- Understand the project's vision so as to intervene effectively when defining the scope and during development;
- Ensure that the teams have the necessary technical support (software and hardware);
- Be the point person for co-dev relationships with partner studios around the world.
- Carry out all other related tasks.
What you bring
- Bachelors or Masters degree in business administration, project management or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5+ years’ experience in project management
- Demonstrated ability to successfully deliver major projects in terms of quality standards, budget, time & resources.
- Influential leadership;
- Analytical and problem solving aptitude;
- Experience in recruiting and selecting;
- Capacity to analyze risk and make contingency plans;
- Be creative and innovative;
- Be proactive, dynamic and diplomatic;
- Result-oriented and work under-pressure;
- Excellent communication skills;
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
At Ubisoft Winnipeg, we are creative to our core. We believe it is not work experience, education or training alone that qualify you to work on our team. A deep passion to build and create, a personal arsenal of innovative solutions to problems developed from an inner calling – we place considerable worth in your personal accomplishments because we recognize that the value they bring to our creative, innovative culture is immeasurable.
We believe our diversity is our strength. We recognize and celebrate a variety of perspectives, opinions, opportunities, and voices. We embrace our differences and draw from them to build our collaborative family culture. We believe we are stronger together.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.