- Denver, CO
At Udi’s, we believe food should be more than just delicious. We believe that in addition to delighting your palate and satisfying your appetite, great food should also nourish your body and contribute to your overall wellbeing. We are a family business and as such, we support our employees with competitive salaries, promotions within the organization, and a positive culture where people make the difference.
We use E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.Udi's Food follows equal employment practices to ensure that all employment related decisions are made without regard to an individual’s race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or any other protected status under applicable law.
Located in Denver, Colorado, Udi’s Food is a growing multi-million dollar (18M in revenues) family owned enterprise diversified in the food manufacturing and retailing industry. We currently have an immediate opening for a Controller to oversee the accounting functions and financial management of the group of entities, including preparation and analysis of financial statements, forecasts and budgets. This position reports directly to the owner of the company and supervises a team of four people.
Please review the following information; if you have the education and experience detailed below, we ask that you submit your resume and letter of introduction to email@example.com for immediate consideration. Please also include salary requirements; submissions that do not include salary requirements will not be considered. Local candidates only, no relocation assistance offered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of monthly and annual financial statements and financial analysis reports.
- Coordinates budget, planning, forecasting and cost management processes to ensure alignment with the company’s strategic plan and objectives.
- Provide advice and counsel to senior management on interpretation of operating results and improvement measures.
- Monthly and annual closing procedures.
- Overall financial analysis and forecasting.
- Development of cost accounting procedures and reports.
- Oversee the following accounting functions:
- All aspects of accounts payable
- All aspects of accounts receivable
- Preparation of payroll
- Reconciliation of bank statements
- General ledger reconciliations and adjustments
- Accounting for income statements by division
- Coordinate and interface with CPA firm during quarterly and annual reviews and preparation of federal and state tax returns.
- Establish and enforce financial policies, procedures, internal controls, and methods of reporting.
- Provide current and accurate financial status reports as requested and/or required.
- B.S. degree in accounting. Masters preferred.
- CPA preferred, but not required.
- Minimum of five years’ experience. Food Production or Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Experience working with computers and computer systems, including the integration of programs.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks Enterprise accounting software.
- Must be proactive, a hands-on approach required for all aspects of this position.
- Leadership Skills –demonstrate good leadership skills; provide support to the accounting staff; able to effectively lead a cross-functional group; support career planning and development initiatives.
- Strong Analytical Skills — quantitative and qualitative analysis; ability to identify the significant factors of an issue; employ creativity in identifying causes, implications and remedies; demonstrate a balance between theoretical and practical solutions.
- Initiative — ability to work independently; ensure responsive timely follow-up; meeting of deadlines; demonstrate a sense of urgency; ability to prioritize; organizational skills.
- Excellent Communication Skills — efficient and effective oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate at all levels of the organization; builds and maintains strong relationships with peers.
We do not respond to direct contact by recruiters or recruitment firms.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.