Restaurant General Manager
- Denver, CO
At Udi’s, we believe food should be more than just delicious. We believe that in addition to delighting your palate and satisfying your appetite, great food should also nourish your body and contribute to your overall wellbeing. We are a family business and as such, we support our employees with competitive salaries, promotions within the organization, and a positive culture where people make the difference.
We use E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.Udi's Food follows equal employment practices to ensure that all employment related decisions are made without regard to an individual’s race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or any other protected status under applicable law.
Udi’s Restaurant Group is accepting applications for the position of General Manager at our new Udi’s Pizza Bar on Colfax. Udi's Colfax Pizza Bar recently opened in the Congress Park neighborhood. The ambiance at Udi’s on Colfax reflects the style of cuisine we serve here, with rustic wood decor and beautiful, elegant artwork. We are a modern and upscale, yet casual neighborhood restaurant.
Our culture requires someone that is looking for a fast-paced and hands-on management position with opportunities for growth. We are a family owned local company and want to ensure that our team is led by someone that can be a role model to the staff and have the highest standards of service for our customers. We hire creative and energetic individuals with a passion for food made with high quality ingredients and with a keen eye for quality.
The General Manager is responsible for overseeing the restaurant operation of a high volume restaurant, developing staff, preparing schedules, quality control, inventory controls, food/labor cost, and overall sanitation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Controls profit & loss, by following cash control/security procedures, maintaining inventory, managing labor, and taking appropriate actions.
• Works hand in hand with the Executive Chef and Sous Chef on day-to-day operations of the restaurant.
• Responsible for ordering and maintaining adequate stock to meet operational needs.
• Ensure service standards are met and all employees focus on providing excellent service.
• Recruits, interviews, and hires team members, conducts performance appraisals, takes discipline action, motivates and trains.
• Conduct management and team meetings as needed to discuss operations procedures, store promotions, safety, security, training, etc.
• Promote, support and encourage local marketing to increase restaurant sales. Involved with the community to represent the restaurant and company and build relationships in the local market.
• Ensures local health and safety codes, alcohol regulations, and company safety and security policy are met.
Required Skills and Requisites:
• Must have a true passion for food and quality. Will ensure that all employees are preparing and serving quality food that meets established standards.
• Strong focus on quality control. Ensure that food is properly handled and prepared by employees, following all sanitation and safety procedures, to produce the freshest product.
• Hands on management style, this position is expected to work alongside employees in the restaurant while also overseeing the operation.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Leadership qualities. Must be able to build a team and align employee actions with the plans established to achieve business goals. Requires the ability to inspire confidence and gain respect of kitchen team, supervisors, and owners.
• High School degree or equivalent required/ four-year college degree in Business or Restaurant Management preferred or a combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of 2 years of high volume restaurant management/supervisory experience required.
Please submit salary requirements along with resume or cover letter.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.