Lean Manufacturing Coordinator
- 1 Dudley Ave, Wallingford, CT 06492, USA
Ulbrich Stainless Steels & Special Metals, Inc. is a high-precision, value added processor of Stainless Steels, Nickel Alloys, Titanium Alloys, Cobalt Alloys, Niobium, Tantalum, Nitinol for a wide range of difficult-to-manufacture, niche-market applications such as aerospace jet engine seals, nuclear reactor fuel cages, heart pacemaker containers, PV ribbon, computer chip substrate, chemical processing tower components, automotive airbag burst disks, automotive oxygen sensors, medical catheters, and cell phone key pads.
Ulbrich was established in 1924 and is privately held. It has 9 subsidiaries located in the US, Mexico, Canada, and Austria employs over 700 people worldwide. Our continued growth and expansion translates into career opportunities in many areas and locations.
Located in Wallingford, CT, Ulbrich Stainless Steels & Special Metals Inc., has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Lean Manufacturing Coordinator. The Lean Manufacturing Coordinator will work with cross-functional teams and departments in developing and implementing improvements, leading and supporting A3’s, and analyzing metrics on continuous improvement projects.
Specific areas of required expertise include:
• Serve as a Lean/Six Sigma technical content resource.
• Provide training, expertise, mentoring and direction on A3 activities to support manufacturing goals and objectives.
• Coordinate, facilitate, and support continuous improvement projects.
• Partner with cross-functional levels in the organization to apply best practices, lead and execute changes related to continuous improvement projects.
• Create effective PowerPoint presentations on Lean topics, ensuring message is clear, focused and effective.
• Analyze processes using established continuous improvement techniques to optimize performance.
• Apply Lean Manufacturing tools to continuous improve efforts to meet business and customer goals.
• Partner with Lean Manufacturing Manager to identify areas of opportunity in training, develop training programs and facilitate training cross-functionally.
Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Industrial Technology or a related field, plus a minimum of 3 years similar experience within a manufacturing operation preferred. Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma Certification a plus. Must be able to work effectively work with cross-functional teams. Experience preparing and giving presentations. Strong oral and written communication skills, project management, problem solving and analytical skills. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office.
This position offers the opportunity to expand your skills within a company that offers both a diverse workforce and a welcoming company culture.
Equal Opportunity Employer