Senior Systems Administrator
- Emeryville, CA
Ultimate Gaming is a leader in online gaming with emphasis on providing casino like experience to online players. Headquartered in Las Vegas, and with an office in Emeryville, Ultimate Gaming is led by gaming industry and technology veterans experienced in forging new markets. Come join us on this new mission and be part of a team that promises to revolutionize the future of gaming.
The technology team is also set to forge new trends by investing heavily in technologies that allow our members to drive maximum efficiency; we spare no expenses to uncover the potential of applying good concepts to practical use.
We’re putting together a team of Systems, Network, and Database Administrators to take charge of multiple platforms of social and real money games.
- Build an infrastructure based on cloud computing with emphasis on private or hybrid cloud environments.
- Manage the hardware and provide near-infinite scalability potential; using Cisco UCS, EMC, F5, and ASA gear.
- Emphasis on security! The operations team will undergo 3-4 audits per year by internal and external auditors.
- Emphasis on tooling! While managing existing platforms, the operations team will build 1-2 new data centers per year.
- Assist in evaluating, defining, and administering everything involved in network infrastructure.
- Assist in database backup, replication, and databases scalability efforts.
- Be part of an on-call team to provide highly-responsive problem diagnosis, work-arounds, and resolution when necessary.
Our ideal candidate will have supported production Internet applications for ecommerce companies, preferably in the online games industry. We love candidates who have systems of their own they administer to keep sharp and stay current with new technologies. Generalists are preferred over specialists, as long as the passion runs deep.
- Recent industry experience in a fast-paced environment supporting games or other consumer-facing products.
- Startup experience is a plus, with emphasis on automation and security.
- 5+ years of experience in Linux operating system and application administration.
- Experience with server and network hardware configuration, maintenance, monitoring, and support. Configuring metrics, analyze logs, and build reports.
- Good knowledge of network infrastructure, including internets, intranets, VPNs, DNS, firewalls.
- Concrete experience with AWS/EC2 is a strong plus.
- Previous hands-on experience administering, configuring, archiving, and backing up MySQL or similar database.
- Enthusiasm about working with all teams across the company and within a broad range of IT and Operations disciplines.