Our ideal candidate will have supported production Internet applications for ecommerce companies, preferably in the online games industry. We love candidates who have systems of their own they administer to keep sharp and stay current with new technologies. Generalists are preferred over specialists, as long as the passion runs deep.
- Recent industry experience in a fast-paced environment supporting games or other consumer-facing products.
- Startup experience is a plus, with emphasis on automation and security.
- 5+ years of experience in Linux operating system and application administration.
- Experience with server and network hardware configuration, maintenance, monitoring, and support. Configuring metrics, analyze logs, and build reports.
- Good knowledge of network infrastructure, including internets, intranets, VPNs, DNS, firewalls.
- Concrete experience with AWS/EC2 is a strong plus.
- Previous hands-on experience administering, configuring, archiving, and backing up MySQL or similar database.
- Enthusiasm about working with all teams across the company and within a broad range of IT and Operations disciplines.