CNC Operator/Programmer - 2nd Shift
- East Compton, CA
United Bakery Equipment Company, Inc. is a growing company located in Rancho Dominguez, California, around the corner from Cal State Dominguez Hills. We manufacture packaging machinery used for the baking industry. We specialize in slicing and packaging bread, buns, rolls, bagels, tortillas, pita bread and other bakery products. We sell to customers in 60 countries in North & South American, Europe, Asia, the Mid-East, Australia and New Zealand. UBE is a member of BEMA (Bakery Equipment Manufacturers Association) and ASB (American Society of Baking). We are continuously evolving and incorporating new technology.
Operate CNC machines to fabricate parts associated with manufacturing automated bakery equipment. Translate engineering drawings to program sequential machining operations, and set ups for low-run production items on CNC Lathe and Mills. Must be able to read and interpret design drawings with knowledge of general machine shop practices. Loads parts in machine, cycles machine, detects malfunctions in machine operations such as worn or damaged cutting tools. Run production lots, communicate with co-workers relevant and appropriate information regarding productions issues/concerns, and maintains a safe, organized and clean work environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform typical machine shop operations.
- Program machining operations on CNC Lathe and Mill (Mazak).
- Familiarity with Mazatrol controls.
- Detect and report defective materials or questionable conditions to management or designee.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follows prescribed safety procedures.
- Must be able to perform, but not limited to, the following tasks: milling, turning, drilling, tapping, de-burring, sawing and sanding.
- Perform inspection of machined products (including documentation of results).
- Complete and maintain paperwork for parts.
- Perform all other duties, as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; associate degree in a technical field or vocational/trade school certification preferred.
- Minimum 3 -5 years’ relevant work experience required; previous work in a manufacturing or fabrication environment a plus.
- Must be able to frequently lift/push/pull objects that are 85 pounds or heavier.
- Strong mechanical/technical and troubleshooting skills required.
- Experience reading manufacturing drawings/specifications, blueprints or work instructions required.
- Must have working command of the English language, and be able to communicate orally and in writing.
- Schedule may include overtime and weekends.
- Thrives in a fast paced work environment; responds with a sense of urgency.
- Physical and Environmental Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate. The employee is frequently required to stand and sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
- Work environment includes manufacturing. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
- Pre-Employment Verifications: Must satisfactorily complete background and reference checks.
- Paid Holidays
- Health, Dental and Life Insurance