- Minneapolis, MN
Founded in 2004, United Quality Solutions, Inc. (UQSI) is a privately held, minority-owned corporation with its headquarters located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. UQSI offers best-in-class talent acquisition and ASQ Quality Engineering recruitment services to local and national manufacturing clients.
The foundation of UQSIs success lies in a focused approach to understanding client business needs and aligning the appropriate solutions with the clients stated goals. UQSIs recruitment methodology ensures that the highest talent is identified, evaluated, and delivered. Our objective is to be the high-value, high-quality Quality Engineering recruitment services provider that companies turn to when requiring top certified talent.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: (BULLET-POINT LIST OF MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES)
- Establish and maintain adequate quality assurance and inspection techniques, procedures and coverage. Compile records. Initiate and maintain a continuous study of all defective work. Recommend improved methods, procedures or other changes that will result in improved quality consistent with economical cost to the company. Achieve an effective defect prevention program.
- Investigate all quality complaints, and document and communicate corrective action measures.
- Initiate and carry out equipment and process capability studies where it appears design specifications are making it difficult to produce an acceptable product at satisfactory costs.
- Maintain a current knowledge of developments in the field of inspection and testing of materials, products and equipment.
- Develop and maintain effective two-way communication with other departments concerning plans, new developments and quality improvement programs.
- Hire, recommend termination of employment, transfer and promotion; apply progressive corrective action and address employee concerns; review direct reports performance and efficiency and recommend/approve salary increases. Responsible for the timely and accurate entries of employee’s absences and/or attendance in established system. Enforce company policies, procedures and practices.
- Provide guidance as to SPC training for Quality Assurance Department and Production Personnel. Assist in effective implementation of statistical methods at Operations. May serve as Quality Assurance and SPC instructor.
- Provide vendor quality performance data for use in vendor qualification and evaluation.
- Recommend mold and process modifications to improve quality and productivity.
- Perform on-site vendor audits.
- Provide assistance to help suppliers meet minimum SPC requirements, as needed.
- Provide final disposition (except “Use As Is”) on all products manufactured at Operations.
- Negotiate excessive customer quality/inspection requirements back to an efficient, economical control plan consistent with our system.
- Establishes training programs as necessary to keep personnel updated in inspection and test methods, quality standards and quality control/assurance system changes.
- Maintains records of inspections and Product Acceptance performance. Provide summary reports as required for management use.
- Performs inspection analysis of all returned goods, document results and define short term corrective action instructions for the product and assist in long term corrective action to eliminate future occurrences.
- Performs work on complex or technical inspections.
- Conduct internal audits against defined requirements and participate in the corrective action process on findings.
- Maintains all inspection records.
- Analyze problem areas in manufacturing and direct activities for improving operations related to manufacturing, processes, automation, work flows, training, equipment, cost analysis and reductions.
- Assist and direct applications of statistical methods to improve quality results.
- Lead training and developmental efforts for quality.
- Promote quality awareness throughout the operation.
- Apply Guiding Principles and Vision while carrying out job responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to read and understand complex part drawings.
- Quality Assurance, Inspection and problem solving terminology and procedures.
- Plastic material characteristics.
- Supervision training and instruction capabilities.
- Understand the function of our equipment and production procedures.
- Good communication, customer relation and sales skills.
- Very good knowledge and skills in SPC.
- Automobile industry quality assurance methodology.
- Knowledge of and committed WCM, EI programs.
- Frequent contact with persons inside and outside the company of substantially higher authority, in crisis situation requiring considerable resourcefulness, tact and a thorough knowledge of company policies, practices and procedures. Ability to manage self appropriately in a crisis situation.
Job Requirements :
Qualifications: Quality Manager
- B.S. Degree in an Engineering or related discipline.
- 3-5 years of Quality, Engineering or related experience.
- Knowledge of International Standard TS16949 Quality Management Systems at a multi plant level (QS-9000 as applicable for automotive sector).
- Certification by the American Society for Quality (ASQ) as a Certified Quality Engineer (CQE), Certified Six Sigma Black Belt (CSSBB), or Certified Quality Manager (CQMgr) is preferred.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and quality practices and a hand on approach.
- Experience with quality improvement tools and techniques (i.e., Lean, Six Sigma, Statistical Process Control, and Failure Mode & Effects Analysis).
- Demonstrated leadership, project management, facilitation and problem-solving skills.
- Must demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills.
ASQ - CQE or CQM huge plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.