Internal Audit, Staff Auditor
- New York, NY
LOCATION: MULTIPLE STATES
Univision Communications Inc. (UCI) is the leading media company serving Hispanic America. Its assets include Univision Network, one of the top five networks in the U.S. regardless of language and the most-watched Spanish-language broadcast television network in the country reaching approximately 96% of U.S. Hispanic television households. Univision Radio, is the leading Hispanic radio group which owns and/or operates 69 radio stations in 16 of the top 25 U.S. Hispanic markets and Puerto Rico. Headquartered in New York City, UCI has television network operations in Miami and television and radio stations and sales offices in major cities throughout the United States.
Univision is currently seeking an Internal Audit, Staff / Senior Auditor who will report to the Internal Audit Manager.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
1. SOX 404 Testing
- Assist in the completion of Sarbanes-Oxley independent testing of financial controls
- Coordinate, participate and document walkthroughs of major Company processes
- Coordinate, plan and complete testing of internal controls
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with Process Owners
- Identify all significant control weaknesses.
- Draft and present findings and recommendations to Internal Audit management and audit clients.
- Make suggestions for improvements to internal controls and control environment.
2. Business Process/IT Auditing
- Quickly learn new business processes, company operations and activities and determine areas of greatest risk.
- Acquire an understanding of corporate policies and procedures and the functional business disciplines being reviewed to ensure that audit procedures are appropriate, timely, and effective.
- Be knowledgeable of and able to articulate internal audit department polices.
- Responsible for determining scope and areas to be reviewed based on risk analysis
- Conduct research and client interviews consistent with the defined Internal Audit process.
- Develop in-depth understanding of risks and controls related to assigned audit areas
- Evaluate the system of financial and operational controls to achieve company objectives.
- Perform reviews utilizing established guidelines to analyze the adequacy of internal controls and compliance with corporate procedures.
- Perform audit test procedures and identify and communicate issues on a timely basis.
- Prepare detailed audit documentation and working papers for assigned areas in accordance with internal audit policies, standards and guidelines
- Prepare detailed written observation memos and audit reports that include value-add audit recommendations
- Develop positive working relationships and alignment with audit clients during the planning, execution and reporting phases of the audit
- Share knowledge and seek assistance appropriately.
- Prepare and communicate status of audit work to Internal Audit Manager relative to milestones, open issues, and interactions with the internal clients.
Experience / Knowledge
- Bachelors degree
- Professional designation completed or in progress (CPA, CIA, CISA, CISSP, PMP)
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Strong knowledge of audit methodology and techniques
- Prior External and / or Internal Audit experience (financial, operational, compliance, IT audits)
- Prior Enterprise Risk Management knowledge and experience
- Ability to travel domestically (~20%)
- Strong English language – verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Spanish language – verbal and written communication skills a plus
- Ability to work with initiative, minimal supervision and meet prescribed deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Exposure to major ERP systems such as SAP and Oracle
- Media experience a plus
Skills & Capabilities
- Be a highly effective communicator with the ability to interact with Internal Audit stakeholders at all levels.
- Develop their internal and external networks and be highly effective at creating lasting relationships with their team members, peers and business stakeholders.
- Demonstrate strong business acumen by being attuned to Univision’s strategy, business environment and emerging trends and issues.
- Be able to effectively leverage technology to improve operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Be a leader who will have the ability to build consensus and articulate a persuasive point of view.
- Be nimble and agile, with the ability to audit strategic initiatives and change programs.
- Be risk aware and have an intimate understanding of risk management practices within the organization, our industry and profession.
- Be client service delivery focused and an innovative, critical thinker with the ability to provide pragmatic solutions to complex business problems.
- Be technically proficient and committed to continuous learning and professional development.
- Be fraud aware, with the ability to build effective fraud detection procedures into audit projects and to collaborate with key stakeholders to develop comprehensive anti fraud programs for the organization.
- Be innately curious with the drive and work ethic to probe and “to ask the next question” (professional skepticism)
We offer a highly competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and a 401(k) plan.
Univision is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note: When applying, please attach Resume AND Cover Letter