Software Asset Management Analyst
- Miami, FL
Univision Communications Inc. (UCI) is the leading media company serving Hispanic America. The Company, a leading content creator in the U.S., includes Univision Network, one of the top five networks in the U.S. regardless of language and the most-watched Spanish-language broadcast television network in the country reaching approximately 95% of U.S. Hispanic television households; UniMás, a leading Spanish-language broadcast television network reaching approximately 89% of U.S. Hispanic television households; Univision Cable Networks, including Galavisión, the country’s leading Spanish-language cable network, as well as Univision tlnovelas, a 24-hour cable network dedicated to novelas, Univision Deportes Network, a 24-hour cable network dedicated to sports, ForoTV, a 24-hour Spanish-language cable network dedicated to news, and an additional suite of cable offerings - De Película, De Película Clásico, Bandamax, Ritmoson and Telehit; Univision Television Group, which owns and/or operates 62 television stations in major U.S. Hispanic markets and Puerto Rico; Univision Radio, the leading Hispanic radio group which owns and/or operates 68 radio stations in 16 of the top 25 U.S. Hispanic markets and Puerto Rico, as well as Uforia, the leading Hispanic digital music service; UVideos, the first bilingual digital video network serving Hispanic America; an Interactive network of online and mobile apps and products including Univision.com, which continues to be the No. 1 most-visited Spanish-language website among U.S. online Hispanics, and Univision Partner Group, a specialized advertising and publisher network. UCI’s assets also include a minority stake in El Rey Network, a new 24-hour English-language network founded by maverick filmmaker Robert Rodriguez, and a joint venture with Disney/ABC Television Network for Fusion, a news, pop culture and satire TV and digital network. Headquartered in New York City, UCI has television network operations in Miami and television and radio stations and sales offices in major cities throughout the United States. For more information, please visit Univision.net.
The Technology Governance Team is responsible for all Infrastructure and Compliance activities across the Enterprise Technology Services (ETS) landscape. The Technology Asset Management Analyst reports under the Project Management Office & Compliance function. You will be primarily responsible for software asset acquisition, management and compliance across the company. You will also assist in the development of internal policy and controls and support negotiation and performance management of several software vendors/suppliers.
Your role delivers critical services and value to all Univision business units by providing the software assets needed and the governance required to avoid any legal and/or compliance issues. We have leading tools to perform automated discovery, software modeling and leading compliance metrics.
If you have the skills and experience in Technology and Software Asset Management and looking for an important role in one of the largest, fast paced, growing companies in the exciting broadcast media and entertainment industry, we’d love to talk!
- Tracking/management of all ETS software assets to include internal license assessments
- Participate in software vendor contract/license negotiations and the development of software licenses and associated maintenance contracts
- Prepare and assist in the performance of periodic vendor reviews
- Provide support to end users regarding specific vendor product use rights
- Assist in the establishment of internal ETS policy and controls related to software asset management, governance and compliance.
- Tracking/management of software license governance and compliance in accordance with enterprise ETS policy, process, procedures and controls by internal staff and external service providers
- Assist in the establishment and tracking/management of internal KPIs and customer SLAs for applicable functions and services
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelors Degree in the field of Engineering or Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Minimum (3) years of IT/MIS software procurement, purchasing and/or asset management experience
- Strong knowledge & experience with software asset life cycle management processes planning, acquisition, deployment, monitoring, harvesting and retirement
- Strong knowledge utilizing and/or implementing software asset management systems/tools, including automated discovery configuration and implementation of data normalization strategies
- Strong knowledge of software licensing terms and conditions, agreements and maintenance contracts with special focus on Microsoft, Adobe, Oracle, Citrix and VMWare
- Experience in managing Microsoft Enterprise Agreement and Software Assurance Benefits
- Knowledge and experience with software asset management related international standards (e.g., ISO 19770, ISO20000/ITIL)
- Demonstrated business and financial acumen to analyze license optimization options and perform value realization; and the ability to apply asset management expertise to facilitate technology solutions to business problems
Desired Skills & Experience
- SAM certification preferred (e.g., IAITAM Certified Software Asset Manager)
- Experience in the television and Interactive Broadcast Media industry
- General working knowledge of IT/MIS technical environments, to include telephony networks, wireless services, applications, servers (physical and virtual), and storage (disk and tape)
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to set priorities and objectives, then plan and organize the team in order to meet them
- Ability to guide and inform team members in order to make accurate decisions
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Strong presentation and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and results-oriented
- Action oriented and driven to achieve results in a positive manner, displaying ethical behavior, integrity, and building trust at all times
- Proven conflict resolution/management skills
- Customer focused
- Composed and patient demeanor
- Asks informative, open-ended questions when necessary, and actively listen to responses
- Ability to understand that different situations and levels may call for different skills and approaches.
- The ability to quickly build rapport, find common ground and gain the respect and cooperation of both technology and business leaders
- Be able to deal with ambiguity and make quality decisions in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate and persuade at all management levels and thrive in a cross-functional matrix environment
- Able to work independently, plan workloads and deliver on commitments
- Proven project management and time management
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical addressees
- Effective negotiation and vendor management skills
- Personally driven to utilize both proven and unique solutions to address business problems until issue is resolved
- Continually improves upon weaknesses while maintaining and utilizing strengths to reach goals
- Miami, Florida with 10% travel (NYC or Teaneck, NJ)
Univision is an Equal Opportunity Employer.