Uppercut is a creative agency founded by a group of people who have a long history of producing award-winning marketing campaigns and successful websites. We’re currently engaged in client work and are developing several new online ventures, and we’re looking for talented, passionate people to join our growing team.
We’re a curious and collaborative bunch. We make great things – for ourselves and for our clients. And while we don’t agree on everything (which is good), we all believe Uppercut is a place that balances process with an innovative and open culture.
Uppercut is looking for an Art Director to work with the creative team to develop interactive design solutions. The Art Director is responsible for the conceptual development and execution of creative deliverables.
Uppercut is looking for candidates who can:
- Work collaboratively to conceptualize and design for the digital and analog world (including web, mobile, apps, print, and merch).
- Execute effectively under tight deadlines or long-scope projects to deliver the best design solutions possible.
- Take complex ideas and distill them into approachable presentations.
- Lead projects, interpret feedback, and prepare final design executions.
- Create and develop ideas for client acquisition, growth, and internal ventures.
- Be forward thinking in terms of new technologies and how they can be applied to Uppercut projects.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proven aptitude for quick creative thinking with acute attention to detail within demanding deadlines.
We encourage you to apply if you have:
- A Bachelor of Design or Visual Communications, or equivalent
- At least 5 years of art-direction experience or equivalent.
- Proven UX design skills.
- Strong IA skills.
- Proven time- and project-management skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and team-building abilities.
- Cross-cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- The ability to manage multiple deadline-driven tasks simultaneously.
- A collaborative, team-oriented work style.
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills.
- A sense of humor, a love of popular culture, and little to no ego.
If you’d like to apply for this position, please send your resume, cover letter, and answers to the following questions to email@example.com.
1) Which industries are you most interested in developing ideas for?
2) If you started a niche interest blog, what would it be about?
3) Name the creative icon whose portrait you would hang over your desk.
4) Name three websites you visit regularly.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.