Summer Developer Intern
- Calgary, Canada
Uppercut is a creative agency founded by a group of people who have a long history of producing award-winning marketing campaigns and successful websites. We’re currently engaged in client work and are developing several new online ventures, and we’re looking for talented, passionate people to join our growing team.
We’re a curious and collaborative bunch. We make great things – for ourselves and for our clients. And while we don’t agree on everything (which is good), we all believe Uppercut is a place that balances process with an innovative and open culture.
You love problem solving and spending your spare time hacking on cool new projects. We love your ideas, your energy and the fact that you want to make stuff.
Uppercut and Decoder are looking for a computer science (or related field of study) student to join our team and work as a web developer for a 14-week paid summer internship in Calgary.
The successful applicant will spend the summer developing awesome things and getting paid to learn with the Uppercut creative studio and Decoder software development teams.
· Applicant must be enrolled as a full-time student in their first, second, or third year of an accredited program at a Canadian post-secondary institution.
· Applicant must provide a transcript of grades (a copy is fine) and letter of reference from an instructor.
· Applicant must also draft a personal letter (250 words) describing his/her web development history and any previous web development education, reason for applying for the internship, and career goals.
· Applicant must submit three code samples.
· Applicant is also encouraged to provide a two-paragraph description of something (if anything) they have always wanted to develop, make or build and what their vision is for how that could be done.
· Applicants must have excellent communication skills, a passion for web and mobile, and full stack exposure and experience.
Deadline for applications is April 17, 2013. Please send (or scan and email) application materials to:
Decoder and Uppercut Summer 2013 Intern Program
c/o Anette Ceraficki
400, 119 – 14 Street NW
Calgary, AB T2N 1Z6
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.