- Calgary, Canada
Fairgoods is a recently launched online store that celebrates how things are made and the people who make them. We sell a curated selection of well-designed housewares, accessories, and apparel, as
well as digital goods like type.
Fairgoods is an Uppercut venture, and Uppercut is a creative agency founded by
a group of people who have a long history of producing award-winning marketing
campaigns and successful websites.
We’re looking for an Art Director to work on producing marketing and PR pieces
for the Fairgoods brand. You love well-designed goods. You’re interested in the
process of how things are made and have an appreciation for it. Maybe you’re a
maker too, or have sketchbooks filled with ideas of things you want to make.
We’re looking for candidates who:
• Can work collaboratively with the team to conceptualize and design (digital and print, as well as product) for the brand’s marketing and PR pieces.
• Can execute effectively under tight deadlines.
• Are passionate about well-designed products and making things.
• Have a solid understanding of and passion for typography.
• Can work on multiple deliverables simultaneously.
We encourage you to apply if you have:
• A Bachelor of Design or Visual Communications, or equivalent.
• At least 5 years of art-direction experience or equivalent.
• Experience with consumer goods, fashion, and/or industrial design.
• Proven time- and project-management skills.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Cross-cultural awareness and sensitivity.
• A collaborative, team-oriented work style.
• A sense of humor, a love of popular culture, and no ego.
You should definitely apply if you have experience in:
· Product development
· E-commerce and online marketing
· Community building
· Photography, filmmaking, and video editing
If you’d like to apply for this position, please send your resume, cover letter, and
answers to the following questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) If you could shop at only four retailers, which ones would you choose?
2) If you started a niche interest blog, what would it be about?
3) Name the creative icon whose portrait you would hang over your desk.
4) Name three websites you visit regularly.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.