- Los Altos, CA
About Urban Engines
Urban Engines powers the essential systems -- like transportation -- at the heart of every city. Our patent-pending technology, grounded in spatial analytics and behavioral economics, facilitates better use of already-existing infrastructure to improve city planning and operations, and spur healthier city growth.
Our engineers and technologists have built products and systems that scale to billions of users and petabytes of data, as well as highly targeted, cost-effective consumer platforms.
Urban Engines was founded in 2012 by Balaji Prabhakar, Professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science from Stanford University, and the head of Stanford’s center for Societal Networks, and Shiva Shivakumar, former Google VP of Engineering and Stanford PhD. We are financed by prominent angel investors and venture capital firms.
Our development culture rewards both ownership and creative collaboration, and we hold each team member as a vital part of our engine that drives great software. In addition to the opportunity to work with some of the industry's most influential and talented engineers and leaders, we offer a host of perks and benefits:
- Generous equity and competitive salary
- Catered lunches
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision and retirement plans
- Flexible work schedules
- Mentorship opportunities to shape your career trajectory
- Find trends in diverse data sources and analyze behavioral patterns
- Work with development teams to bridge the gap between theory and practice
- Create intuitive data visualizations for presentations to both customers and team
- Build reusable solutions for data analysis according to modern engineering techniques
- PhD in statistics, machine learning, or other relevant field, or 5+ years comparable industry experience
- Fluency in R and one or more of MATLAB, Python+NumPy, Java+Hadoop, C++
- Eye for making rich and intuitive data visualizations
- Desire to design algorithmic solutions that will change the way the world moves