- Los Altos, CA
About Urban Engines
Urban Engines powers the essential systems -- like transportation -- at the heart of every city. Our patent-pending technology, grounded in spatial analytics and behavioral economics, facilitates better use of already-existing infrastructure to improve city planning and operations, and spur healthier city growth.
Our engineers and technologists have built products and systems that scale to billions of users and petabytes of data, as well as highly targeted, cost-effective consumer platforms.
Urban Engines was founded in 2012 by Balaji Prabhakar, Professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science from Stanford University, and the head of Stanford’s center for Societal Networks, and Shiva Shivakumar, former Google VP of Engineering and Stanford PhD. We are financed by prominent angel investors and venture capital firms.
Our development culture rewards both ownership and creative collaboration, and we hold each team member as a vital part of our engine that drives great software. In addition to the opportunity to work with some of the industry's most influential and talented engineers and leaders, we offer a host of perks and benefits:
- Generous equity and competitive salary
- Catered lunches
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision and retirement plans
- Flexible work schedules
- Mentorship opportunities to shape your career trajectory
Currently seeking a Mobile Developer to help build our flagship suite of software and mobile solutions.
Core responsibilities include:
- Architect and implement iOS and/or Android versions of our flagship apps
- Build iOS and/or Android libraries and SDKs to optimize A-B testing across all our products
- Collaborate with design and product teams to brainstorm user stories
- Work with testers and customers to track and fix issues
- BA or higher in CS or related field
- 3+ years building apps -- preferably those with visible presence on App Store/Google Play
- Desire to work in both collaborative and self-directed projects
- An instinct to bake intuitive user flow and design into your apps
- Ability to work with rapid iterations and prototypes
- Passion for building applications that will change the way the world moves