Events, Marketing and Administrative Assistant (PT/FT)
- San Diego, CA
VIANOVA is a boutique management consulting firm specializing in business, project, and event planning services for companies and nonprofits.
VIANOVA is a certified B Corporation. B Corporations are a new type of corporation that use the power of business to create public benefit.
VIANOVA is seeking a part-time events, marketing, and administrative assistant to support internal and client projects and events. The ideal candidate must be detail-oriented, organized, tech savvy, and able to juggle multiple projects and meet tight deadlines.
This position offers the right candidate variety, meaningful work, and the opportunity to grow and develop in an entrepreneurial environment.
Event Responsibilities (35%)
- Assist with all planning logistics and implementation for all aspects of assigned client events; develop detailed event planning timelines; overall management of project timelines, event team work flows, deadlines and make decisions necessary to ensure event success.
- Works with venues to check availability and reserve space; request menus, diagrams and hotel/venue information; research and coordinate various event vendors such as AV, entertainment, florists, and photographers.
- Coordinate the direct mail pieces, email communications, invitations, collateral, event agendas, post event surveys and timelines.
- Manage on-site logistics
- Additional project and event responsibilities as assigned
Marketing Responsibilities (35%)
- Responsible for preparing promotional copy for company and client website, email marketing, social media, advertising and print collateral projects; assist with sales proposal development and general copy-editing
- Responsible with managing company website; maintain company profile on social media channels as well as third-party websites; assist with maintaining active social media presence
- Assist with maintaining company CRM; assist with business development activities as directed, to include participation in networking events, expos, and conferences; create and maintain company proposal library; Conduct industry research as needed
- Develop digital and print brochures, invitations, flyers, posters, web banners, signage, postcards, and booklets for company and client projects and events
- Become familiar with graphic design strategies best suited for consulting firms, nonprofit organizations and small businesses; create and manage company Style Guide
- Additional marketing responsibilities as assigned
Administrative Responsibilities (30%)
- Assist with new client onboarding tasks and activities; provide general client management support as needed
- Maintain company CRM and project management databases; assist with creating and maintaining office files and systems
- Provide administrative support to President; running errands as needed
- Additional project and administrative responsibilities as assigned
Approximately 25-30 hrs/week starting out, with the opportunity for additional hours and possible full time work. Location: Will primarily work from President's Hillcrest (San Diego) area home office. Flexibility in working hours is essential, as some evening and weekend work is required.
Skills & Experience
- Organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and/or projects and events at one time
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to prioritize and schedule daily activities for the most efficient use of time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to clearly articulate thoughts and ideas
- Excellent grammar, spelling, and proofreading skills
- Graphic design and copywriting skills
- Must have a track record of producing work that is highly accurate and demonstrates attention to detail
- Problem solving skills with the ability to seek out and implement workable solutions
- Customer service skills with the ability to interact professionally and effectively with a variety of stakeholders groups
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Above average social media marketing skills (Twitter, Facebook, Linked In, Pinterest)
- Advanced skill with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel and Word)
- Experience with Wordpress, Photoshop and In Design
- Experience developing, coordinating and executing special events with minimal support
- Experience with nonprofit fundraising events a plus
- Experience with Basecamp, Highrise, Backpack or similar technology
- Experience in a creative agency or boutique consulting environment a plus
- MAC experience a plus
Optional Desired Skills
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO), PPC Advertising
Education & Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2+ years’ work experience
- Able to multi task, take ownership of projects and initiatives, and work independently
- Team player
- Hyper accurate and detail oriented
- Very personable and professional
- Good sense of humor
- Able to exercise discretion with sensitive information
- Not easily stressed out
- Strong work ethic and eager to learn and grow
- Independent, fast learner and self‐starter
MUST be currently located in San Diego. Plesae do not apply if you do not meet the qualifications specified above.
Salary Range: $14-$18 - p/hr
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
No Phone Calls Please - ABSOLUTELY NO RECUITERS
To learn more about VIANOVA visit: http://thevianovagroup.com