Occupational Therapist, OT- PRN
- Dallas, TX
VIVA Pediatrics is a home health services company with a specialty in Private Duty Nursing and Skilled Nursing Visits as well as Occupational, Speech and Physical Therapy for infants and children. We are committed to providing each patient with an exceptional level of care and attention. Our agency is proud to be nurse owned and operated, thus providing high-quality comprehensive care to medically fragile children. VIVA's core mission is to staff compassionate and understanding caregivers that take pride in paying close attention to each patient's needs.
- Perform clinical assessment; identifies patient needs and appropriateness of patient.
- Document, prepare/revises and completes a Plan of Care, progress notes, phone orders and other clinical record documentation on an ongoing basis.
- Accept clinical assignments that are consistent with education and competence to care for patients.
- Apply concepts of infection control and universal precautions in coordinating/performing patient care activities to prevent contamination and transmission of disease.
- Assess and facilitate through direct therapeutic intervention patient's ROM, strength, coordination, need for and use of adaptive equipment and environmental modifications, functional mobility and safety issues as related to patient's ADL performance needs.
- Fabricate and maintain adaptive equipment and hand splints.
- Uses effective interpersonal relations and communication skills; facilitates the use of these skills by other team members to achieve desirable outcomes.
- Evaluate patient occupational performance in the areas of self-care, work, leisure and rest.
- Assess sensory-motor neuromuscular, psycho-social and cognitive-perceptual components of occupational behavior.
- Assess physical, social and cultural components of the patient's occupational environment.
- Meet mandatory continuing education requirements of the agency/licensing board.
- Demonstrate commitment, professional growth and competency.
- Promote Agency philosophy and administrative policies to ensure quality of care
Competitive weekly pay
Flexible Schedule (Fulltime, Part-time, PRN)
•Education: Bachelor of Science in Occupational Therapy.
•Licensure: Current Texas State License as an Occupational Therapist, current Texas Drivers License
•Experience: 1 year experience as an Occupational Therapist in an acute care or rehabilitation setting preferred. (new grads are welcome to apply)
•Skills: Therapy skills as defined as generally accepted standards of practice. Good interpersonal skills.
•Knowledge of durable medical equipment.
•Transportation: Reliable transportation and valid and current auto liability insurance
To review other opportunities in your area, please visit our website at www.vivapeds.com, or contact the Dallas office by phone at 972-861-1000.
Viva Pediatrics is conveniently located in the following areas:
8150 N Central Expressway, Suite 780
Dallas, TX 75206
Tel: 972-861-1000 | Fax: 972-861-1111
5600 Tennyson Parkway, Suite 360
Plano, TX 75024
Tel: 469-341-7772 | Fax: 972-378-2111
1612 Summit Avenue, Suite 202
Fort Worth, TX 76102
Tel: 817-564-0107 | Fax: 817-546-8097
3721 Executive Center Drive, Suite 205
Austin, TX 78731
Tel: 512-518-2310 | Fax: 512-518-2311