Hadoop Developer with Java
- Santa Clara, CA
The Senior Java/Hadoop Developer will leverage their Java development skills to support and enhance Gogo’s Hadoop Cluster while designing, building, and maintaining web portals that enable easy access to static and interactive reports. The ideal candidate has a Java background, experience working within a Data Warehousing/Business Intelligence/Data analytics group, and has some experience with Hadoop.
• Design, Develop, Implement, and Support interactive web based portals (in Java) for the delivery of key reporting/data analysis both internally and to Gogo’s airline partners.
• Support, maintain, and enhance Gogo’s Hadoop cluster.
• Work with report developers to display their reports/content on web portals.
Design and develop front end logic to support the execution of queries against Hadoop and RDBMS’s. (i.e. building portals/front end applications that allow users to access reports/data that pass queries to a database/file system or display canned reports generated from other applications, such as, Tableau)
• Integrate reports from multiple streams to single web portal;
• Provide periodic off hours support;
• Interface with various user groups to assess requirements and design robust solutions to meet them.
7+ years of development experience with Java and 3+ years of experience in Data Wareshousing/Business Intelligence or
7+ years of development experience in Data Warehousing/Business Intelligence and 3+ years of Java experience.
At least 1 full year of experience with Hadoop Big Data clusters:
Data Transformation and File Processing using Pig Latin or other scripting language.
Setting up, configuring, and monitoring of Hadoop file cluster.
Writing map reduce programs and UDFs for Pig and Hive in Java
Importing/exporting data using SQOOP, FLUME, or other relevant approach.
Experience with workflow scheduling and monitor tools, such as, Oozie
Experience in creating tables/views in Hive or other relevant scripting language.
Experience with Cloudera applications a plus.
• Knowledge of VB.Net or ASP.Net a plus;
• Knowledge of C#.Net a plus;
• Experience authoring queries against RDBMS’s or Hadoop file systems a must
• Understanding of software development process and practices;
• Technical education is a plus as is advanced degree in CS, EE, MIS or CIS;
• Experience working with cellular network data or airline data a strong plus;
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Hadoop ,Java,HTML, CSS, XML