- Evanston, IL
VANYIL LLC is a Virginia based IT Services company. Vanyil offers a wide array of services for clients across life sciences, banking and mortgage, Learning Management and IT/system integrators.
We are currently seeking 7 Content Developers specifically for a large-scale curriculum development project for a major insurance company. Training topics will include providing and servicing a wide variety of insurance and financial products.
- Interviewing Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to learn about the topic
- Thinking up interesting scenarios or storylines for use in the training, in partnership with the Instructional Designer
- Writing a script for a course based on an outline provided by the Instructional Designer
- Creating job aids, handouts, and various supporting materials
- Working directly with the client (via phone, email, and in person) to gather feedback on the course at various stages of development, then implementing said feedback
- Working with the Project Manager to plan media/graphics development, including creating scripts for actors, attending photo/video shoots, choosing images, and so on
- Providing instructions to graphics and software engineering teams, then reviewing their work and offering clear feedback
- Helping other team members as needed to proofread scripts, test courses, and complete a variety of miscellaneous tasks
- 1-5 years of relevant experience
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Ability to master new content and subject matter quickly
- Friendly, professional disposition
- Flexibility and open-mindedness about work assignments and situations
- Excellent computer skills: Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PPT are required, as is the ability and willingness to learn new programs and applications on the fly; familiarity with standard Adobe CS products (i.e., Captivate, Flash, etc.) is particularly helpful (but not required for consideration)
- Ability to communicate with clients and colleagues in a professional, confident manner (via phone, email, and in person)
- Ability to work independently, adhere to deadlines, manage your own workload, and discern when it might be a good idea to ask a question and when it might be best to just make a decision and run with it
- Ability to adapt writing style to the needs of a particular project and the whims of a larger team
- Experience in developing content for financial/Insurance products is a big +
Here, write anything about the job that is not included in company, job description, and qualifications, such as travel requirements. And ensure your potential co-worker, "All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines".