Graphic Design Associate
- New York, NY
Vedere, a fast-growing home décor social e-commerce site seeks a creative and performance-driven Graphic Design Associate. The Graphic Design Associate supports the Graphic Designer.
The right candidate should be ready to hit the ground running with a drive to succeed that's off the charts! Applicants should also have interests in architecture, art, and home décor. This is an opportunity to work closely with artists, architects, interior designers, web developers and more! Vedere is located in New York's Midtown area.
- Gathers information and materials needed to complete assigned tasks
- Plans concept by studying information and materials.
- Illustrates concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
- Obtains approval of concept by submitting rough layout for approval.
- Prepares finished copy and art by operating typesetting, printing, and similar equipment; purchasing from vendors.
- Prepares final layout by marking and pasting up finished copy and art.
- Builds our weekly newsletters in HTML; responsible for email delivery and reporting
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment.
- Completes projects by coordinating with outside agencies, art services, printers, etc.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Understands all brand identity elements and works with Graphic Designer and Management to insure consistency across all communication platforms.
- Have graphic design and layout skills, along with a working knowledge of Desktop Publishing Tools
- Strong understanding of HTML
- Be detail oriented while maintaining creativity and flexibility
- Be able to handle rejection and constructive criticism
- Possess artistic sensibility
- Have strong communication skills
- Have organizational skills
- Have problem solving abilities
- Coding ability is a plus!
Compensation based on experience. Full time, Part time, Permanent, Freelance position.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.