Data Entry-Customer Service Representative
- Vancouver, Canada
Many companies may be “going mobile” and balancing cutting edge web development, but not everyone is developing on these platforms in a fun, incubator-style environment. At Venture Media, we’re fortunate to have the opportunity to experiment with new projects (it’s pretty exciting to watch your Black Friday mobile project gain 800,000 downloads in three weeks) and revamp established projects accompanied by millions of users – and all this under one solid, self-funded roof.
Projects and funding aside, the people are what make this place as great as it is. Over the years, we’ve learned the value of great teams and we appreciate working alongside seriously talented, kind and authentic people.
For more information, have a look at our company website www.venturemedia.com.
Are you fantastic at data entry and customer service and love being "in the know" about the best Black Friday specials? Are you addicted to great discounts? If so, this is your dream job because our team is all about finding the biggest Black Friday holiday specials and publishing them to our customers – and all this in a super-successful local tech company. Earn some great pre-holiday cash, and merge your love of shopping, with a great working experience, and apply now!
What is the Timeframe?
We are hiring this week so don't delay your application and typing test!
We have different shifts available ranging from days, evenings to overnights, averaging approximately 40 hours per week. As the shopping season peaks in November, overtime hours are possible.
The start date is this Monday, October 28, 2013 and the contract will last until November 29th, 2013.
What are the Responsibilities?
- Enter sale information for various merchants into our Content Management System (CMS).
- Search product information on the Internet.
- Upload the latest ad scans and promotion flyers.
- Monitor email inboxes and forward emails to the correct stakeholder.
- Proof read all data entry and rectify any discrepancies.
- Manage incoming contacts from vendors and/or end users and provide an exceptional experience and support to all users in an open concept customer service centre environment (email CS predominantly with little to no phone CS).
What do I need to have to be ready for this opportunity?
- Minimum 50 WPM with a high degree of alpha and numeric accuracy.
- 1+ years customer service experience with a great track record and a positive, energetic personality
- Proficiency with MS Office suite and extensive experience using the Internet.
- Strong communication skills especially internally with team leads and colleagues (e.g.. keeping staff up to date on your priorities, current tasks and work completed).
- Ability to operate with minimal supervision and with direction from multiple leads.
- Ability to maintain a sense of urgency and adaptability, working fast and accurately in a fun environment that is under pressure, and deadline-driven.
- Flexibility to work evenings, week-ends and in some cases, overnights; overtime may be required
- Bonus points for retail experience, especially in the sale of electronics.
- A passion for online shopping is a desirable.
- You live in commutable distance to our Yaletown office as this position is based on-site.
- You have great flexibility with your schedule. We are offering 40 hours of work each week for the duration of the contract - so juggling with another job without flexibility is tricky.
- You are able to work days, evenings and overnights (this doesn't mean you will be working all three types of shifts)
What is the application process?
THE APPLICATION PROCESS IS 2 STEPS SO PLEASE NOTE THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY!
- Apply for the DE/CSR role with your resume and cover letter (you are welcome to submit your cover letter and resume all in one doc). Click the "I'm Interested" green button to the top right of this page.
- Typing Test: Please copy and paste this link into your browser to begin your typing test: http://venturemediabf.AssessTyping.com/
- IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO MAKE SURE YOUR NAME ON YOUR TYPING TEST MATCHES YOUR NAME ON YOUR RESUME SUBMISSION.
- Note – If you want to take the test a little later (but we highly recommend sooner!), be sure to copy and paste this link somewhere so that you may reference it later. It is three minutes long and you have three attempts. Your WPM will be emailed to you (the typing test website asks for your email in order to take the test).
- Candidates who do not take the typing test will not be considered for DE/CSR roles.
Good luck and thanks!
We really appreciate all applications and if you’re selected for an interview, we will be contacting you.