- Vancouver, Canada
Many companies may be “going mobile” and balancing cutting edge web development, but not everyone is developing on these platforms in a fun, incubator-style environment. At Venture Media, we’re fortunate to have the opportunity to experiment with new projects (it’s pretty exciting to watch your Black Friday mobile project gain 800,000 downloads in three weeks) and revamp established projects accompanied by millions of users – and all this under one solid, self-funded roof.
Projects and funding aside, the people are what make this place as great as it is. Over the years, we’ve learned the value of great teams and we appreciate working alongside seriously talented, kind and authentic people.
For more information, have a look at our company website www.venturemedia.com and for a peek at Black Friday - have a look at www.blackfriday.com
Front End Developer
If you are a Front End Developer with HTML5 development experience who wants to work with one of the best technology teams in Vancouver, please read on! We are a successful, small and profitable company in the process of building out multiple projects both new and ongoing for web and mobile platforms.
As our Front End Developer, you will be involved with the design, implementation, polish and rapid iteration on all features of our website and web mobile applications. You will have the support of a fantastic design team, a backend development team and will work closely with our team leads to create new features for our projects. You will feel right at home here with:
- A passion for learning and growing
- A capability to collaborate with colleagues in multiple projects
- Outstanding organizational skills
- A self-starter approach to work
- Experienced in HTML5, CSS3
- Experience with standards compliance
- Ability to slice design comps/mocks from .ai, .psd and .png files
- Understanding of cross-browser development techniques and degradation strategies
- Experience with adapting content for simultaneous delivery to web and mobile
Nice to haves:
- Experience working with AJAX, JASON, and REST API’s
- Awareness of web and web mobile accessibility standards and how to implement them
- Familiarity with server-side frameworks such as Ruby-on-Rails
This role comes with a competitive salary, benefits, stock options, profit sharing and the development platform of your choice. If this sounds like your cup of tea and our downtown Yaletown location appeals to you, then we look forward to hearing from you!
- When applying, be sure to include links to examples of your work and/or your Github account
- Your resume and cover letter
We really appreciate all applications and we will contact you if you are selected for an interview.
We are a profitable and self-funded company, passionate about growing new ideas, businesses, great teams and careers. A world leader in the business of domain names and a top five choice for the Black Friday crowds, our crazy-talented and down-to-earth team knows how to build cutting edge mobile and web applications in our lab. At Venture Media Labs, we work hard, play hard and support opportunities for our team’s wellness. Standing/sitting desks, foosball tournaments, Ping-Pong, sponsored fundraising efforts (Ride for Cancer) and individual development initiatives are par for the course here. For more information, check out our website at www.venturemedia.com.