Custom Development Support Analyst
- Houston, TX
Ventyx, an ABB company, is a leading software and services provider offering B2B software, energy markets data and advisory services. Ventyx offerings comprise a broad range of solutions to specifically address the needs of utilities, natural resources and oil&gas companies, including asset management, energy analytics, energy operations, energy trading and risk management, mobile workforce management and network management.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Ventyx employs nearly 3,400 employees located in 33 offices across all major regions of the world.
Be a part of the most highly regarded, easily accessible market and product knowledge team in the energy software industry. Develop an understanding of how our clients do business, of what role our products play in that business. Your ability to convey that understanding to anyone, anywhere, at anytime will be paramount. You will work individually and within a team of expert software professionals to respond to specific customer needs and be a key liaison to Ventyx Energy Portfolio Management software customers. You will work directly with the clients and may occasionally travel to the client site.
You will resolve software issues and questions reported to EPM Global Client Services (GCS) by clients or on-site Ventyx implementation staff on behalf of clients. You will need to deliver professional and courteous customer support service and promote a productive and positive relationship with customers in typical day-to-day interactions. When necessary, you will escalate customer support issues of a technical or product-related nature to the Client Support Manager.
You will participate in and contribute to team efforts, assist with management decisions and manage your individual contributions. Effective communication skills, analytical skills and development are key success factors in this role. The Custom Development Support Analyst reports to the Client Support Manager.
- Excellent knowledge of all customer support areas.
- Excellent time management, decision-making, presentation, relationship, and organizational skills
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, time-compressed and dynamic environment
- Must be able to identify software development issues and provide minor code changes.
- Be able to support and debug the software package utilizing a variety of technologies.
- Oracle PL/SQL and/or Microsoft SQL Server 2000/2005
- Java client server system and/or .NET framework applications
- XML, XSLT, DTDs and XML Schemas
- SQL Queries (select, insert, update, delete)
- Microsoft Office Product Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel – Formulas, Pivot Tables, Data Source Linking)
- Understanding the development process flow, not pertaining to coding abilities
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university; or up to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Engineering, Business/Economics and Information Systems degrees preferred.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.