- Richmond, Canada
Ventyx, an ABB company, is a leading business solutions provider offering enterprise software, energy markets data, and advisory services. Ventyx offerings comprise a broad range of solutions to address the most critical needs of utility, power, and communications companies, including asset management, customer care, energy analytics, energy operations, energy trading and risk management, mobile workforce management and network management.
Ventyx is looking for a QA Engineer with test automation experience to work with our agile software development teams and support their product quality targets.
The ideal candidate will work within the quality team to improve the overall quality of our client, server, web, and mobile application software by supporting the development of our automation test environment and build and execute test plans using automation tools.
- Define test objectives and write and execute test cases and test scenarios to ensure that software products meet design specifications and quality requirements.
- Perform testing and root cause analysis tasks according to organization's quality process.
- Development and support of the automation test framework and automation strategies.
- Implement test plans, automation, and validation strategies. Support quality team in creation of new automated test cases within the automation test framework.
- Effectively use test management tool to maintain and execute test scripts.
- Effectively document identified defects in the defect tracking systems that is easily understood by developers; work with developers as necessary to resolve issues.
- Summarize and report results of testing to management and stakeholders.
- Experience in an agile development environment. Scrum experience is an asset.
- Excellent problem-solving, communication, and analytical skills.
- Flexible work style; comfortable with adapting to various work assignments
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university
- 4+ years testing experience.
- 2 years of experience developing automated tests.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a global software organization backed by strength of ABB then we look forward to hearing from you.
Knowledge is critical | Drive is essential | Creativity is key
Ventyx invites diversity and employs and promotes people on the basis of their individual qualifications for the job and without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age or disability. EOE-AA/D/V
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.