Network Systems Engineer
- Minnetonka, MN
Veracity Technologies provides first-class computer support to businesses that are looking to take advantage of new opportunities. Our scalable computer network services can help you realize greater success and achieve more, with improved efficiency and organization.
Veracity provides the computer support that can take the focus off of your technology, and put it back on your business. With computer network services tailored to meet the specific needs of your business, you can enjoy computer tech support that works for you – instead of the other way around.
Position Purpose: the position will focus on the management of existing clientele’s network infrastructure to include desktop PC’s, servers, network equipment (switches, firewalls & routers), phone systems, and software applications. The position will assess and identify appropriate solutions to be integrated into the client’s systems operation and make recommendations for implementations to the internal Account Managers.
Relationships: works under the direction of the Service Manager; will be a member of a team that consists of other technicians; will collaborate with Account Managers (consultants).
- Assists in the planning, design, documentation, and implementation of various systems to include desktop PC’s, servers, network equipment, phone systems, and software applications.
- Develops, maintains, and monitors procedures for all backups.
- Monitors, plans, and coordinates the distribution of client/server software and service packs.
- Performs on-site and remote technical support.
- Assists in the organization and inventory of all hardware and software resources.
- Maintains excellent communication with the Service Manager, Account Managers, and clientele on all tasks and projects.
- Creates and maintains good technical documentation.
- Participates in after-hours on-call support on a rotating schedule.
- Performs frequent service audits; identifies inefficiencies; provides recommendations; and implements efficiencies to minimize end-user disruptions.
- Assists the Account Manager with IT project management, research, scope document writings, and maintaining service levels.
- Provides end-user training and writes end-user SOPs to enhance productivity.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
(ranked highest priority to lowest priority, applicant must meet 6 within the list below)
- Desktop Support Experience: examples are supporting desktop operating systems & end-user applications.
- Server Support Experience: examples are installing new servers, troubleshooting servers, and the applications that run on servers.
- Advanced technical knowledge of Windows Server 2003/2008/2008R2: installed & configured the following: Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, File Services, IIS, NLB.
- Exchange Server 2007/2010 Experience: examples include Send/Receive Connectors, Exchange Server migrations, troubleshooting mail flow issues.
- Virtualization Experience: primarily VMware experience with installation & support of ESX. Experience with configuring HA/DRS capabilities a plus. Experience with Microsoft Hyper-V also a plus as we are implementing this as well.
- SQL Server Experience: examples include database maintenance plans (to include backups & restores), setting up SQL jobs. Experience with database replication & SQL clustering a plus.
- Firewall Experience: installing, configuring & supporting Cisco ASA firewalls. Examples include setting up NAT/PAT statements & ACLs.
- Network Switching Experience: installing, configuring & supporting managed switches with vLANs & routing. Familiarity with routing is a must.
- 4-YRS college degree pertaining to the IT field.
- Advanced industry certification: examples are MCSA 2003/MCITP Server Admin (or higher), VMware, and/or Cisco.
Skills & Abilities
- Self-motivated when projects are assigned; creates a task list; and works that list with minimal guidance. Reporting back to the Service Manager & clientele on progress/issues. We cannot afford to micro-manage.
- Exceptional communication, documentation, time management, & task management skills.
- Above average organization skills, a strong work ethic, is a team player, and can demonstrate problem solving skills.
- Committed to professional development & technical training. Maintaining current certifications is a requirement.
- Ability to excel in a structured environment.
- Thrives at meeting deadlines. Communicates progress to all affected parties.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.