Managed Services - Network Administrator
Veracity Technologies was founded in 1989 to help small businesses in Minnesota get the most out of their business technology.
Over the years we have evolved to offer a best in class technology support solution, including complete IT direction, expertise, relationship, and support in a managed services environment. Small businesses rely on us to relieve their technology worries so
that they can concentrate on growing their businesses and realizing their goals.
We chose the name Veracity because we believe that technology-dependent businesses require precision, accuracy, and truth from their IT partner in order to receive high performing technology, access, integration, and ROI.
Veracity's services are focused on providing the business tools that small businesses need to compete. We provide affordable technology designs that are tailor-made to meet the unique needs of your business.
Position Purpose: the position will focus on the management of existing clientele’s network infrastructure to include desktop PC’s, servers, network equipment (switches, firewalls & routers), phone systems, and software applications. The position will assess and identify appropriate solutions to be integrated into the client’s systems operation for industry standards best practices and technical alignment. Provides technical recommendations for client improvements and gap remediation to the internal Account Managers (vCIO).
Relationships: works under the direction of the Operations Manager; will be a member of a team that consists of other IT professionals; will collaborate with Account Managers (vCIO).
- Assists in the planning, design, documentation, and implementation of various systems to include desktop PC’s, servers, network infrastructure, software applications, network and cyber security solutions.
- Performs on-site and remote technical support.
- Assists in the organization and inventory of all hardware and software resources.
- Maintains excellent communication with the Operations Manager, Account Managers, and clientele on all tasks and projects.
- Creates and maintains good technical documentation.
- Participates in after-hours on-call support on a rotating schedule.
- Performs frequent service audits; identifies inefficiencies; provides recommendations; and implements efficiencies to minimize end-user disruptions.
- Assists the Account Manager with IT project management, research, scope document writings, and maintaining service levels.
- Provides end-user training and writes end-user SOPs to enhance productivity.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
(ranked highest priority to lowest priority, applicant must meet 6 within the list below)
- Desktop Support Experience: examples are supporting desktop operating systems & end-user applications.
- Server Support Experience: examples are installing new servers, troubleshooting servers, and the applications that run on servers.
- Advanced technical knowledge of Windows Server 2012r2, 2016. 2019: installed & configured the following: Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, File Services, IIS, NLB.
- Exchange Server and MS365 experience: examples include Send/Receive Connectors, Exchange Server/ Office 365 migrations, troubleshooting mail flow issues.
- Virtualization Experience: primarily Hyper-V & VMWare; experience with installation & support. Experience with configuring HA/DRS capabilities a plus.
- SQL Server Experience: examples include database maintenance plans (to include backups & restores), setting up SQL jobs. Experience with database replication & SQL clustering a plus.
- Firewall Experience: installing, configuring & supporting Watchguard technologies.
- Network Switching Experience: installing, configuring & supporting managed switches with vLANs & routing. Familiarity with routing is a must.
- 4-YRS college degree pertaining to the IT field.
- Advanced industry certification: examples are MCSA /MCITP Server Admin (or higher), Cyber Security and/or industry specific technologies.
Skills & Abilities
- Self-motivated when projects are assigned; creates a task list; and works that list with minimal guidance. Reporting back to the Service Manager & clientele on progress/issues. We cannot afford to micro-manage.
- Exceptional communication, documentation, time management, & task management skills.
- Above average organization skills, a strong work ethic, is a team player, and can demonstrate problem solving skills.
- Committed to professional development & technical training. Maintaining current certifications is a requirement.
- Ability to excel in a structured environment.
- Thrives at meeting deadlines. Communicates progress to all affected parties.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.