- Shift: 1st
Vericast is reimagining marketing solutions one business-to-human connection at a time. By influencing how over 120 million households eat, shop, buy, save and borrow, Vericast fuels commerce, drives economic growth and directly accelerates revenue potential for over 100,000 brands and businesses. While its award-winning portfolio of products, technology and solutions — including Illumis™, Household Connect™, Valassis Consumer Graph and Harland Clarke ChecksCXTM — are a piece of the Vericast story, its people are the true differentiators; trailblazers in data intelligence, marketing services, transaction solutions, campaign management and media delivery.
This is a hybrid position; employees are able to work from home on Monday and Friday, but should be in the office Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
The Payroll Accountant is responsible for processing complex payroll tax returns for a multi state, multi FEIN employer and ensure regulatory compliance and tax deadlines for federal, state and local payroll taxes. Perform tax audits to ensure proper state and local tax set up within the employee records. Perform reconciliations of all taxes to ensure accuracy for tax and regulatory compliance. Respond to tax inquiries from state agencies and research and resolve any tax inquiries or compliance related issues. Will interface with most levels of employees within the company with emphasis upon accuracy, timeliness, and customer service.
• Prepare returns for complex payroll taxes for a multi-state multi-FEIN employer to include federal, state and local withholding, state unemployment and workers compensation within bi-weekly, monthly and quarterly deadlines. Coordinate tax payments with A/P and execute EFT payment transactions with appropriate agencies. Ensure compliance with all tax authorities and meet all tax deadlines. Research and respond to inquiries from state agencies regarding payroll taxes and resolve all compliance related issues.
• Initiate system generated tax reports and maintain excel spreadsheets and ensure that all taxes are in balance after each payroll. Assist with performing audits to ensure that all tax payments have been made at the end of each quarter by reviewing each tax folder and comparing to the quarterly reports. Provide support to the Accounting Teams on resolving issues with payroll posting transactions to the GL. Research and resolve tax issues as needed.
• Assist with the payroll processing and subsequent payroll transactions to include general ledger postings and the creation of ACH and check files. Generate required reports for payroll liabilities including net/federal/state liabilities. Verify payroll entries in SAP to include one-time payments and net pay totals and work with the HR Field to make any necessary updates. Assist with off cycle payroll processing and provide support with the garnishment processing. Maintain working knowledge of all payroll policies and procedures.
• Provide daily support to the HR Field on payroll related and payroll tax inquires and compliance/regulatory issues. Perform payroll tax set up audits each payroll and quarterly to ensure all employees are set up appropriately and work with the HR Field to ensure appropriate corrections are made in the system. Provide training to HR Field in the use of SAP to ensure personnel matters are properly reflected in the payroll records.
• Perform annual payroll tax reporting and reconciliations which includes assisting with W-2 processing and ensuring that all tax liabilities have been paid for the year. Perform special calculations for overpayments, manual adjustments and non-discretionary overtime. Review BSI Tax Portal for all tax regulatory changes, perform testing and update SAP to ensure proper calculation of all employee and employer taxes. Assist with providing payroll tax information as needed for Sales and Corporate tax returns and audits. Perform special projects as assigned.
- Minimum five years of payroll processing, Federal and multi state tax reporting experience.
- General accounting knowledge required.
- Must have intermediate knowledge of Excel and a strong knowledge of payroll policies and procedures.
- Payroll Tax reporting knowledge in Federal and multiple state jurisdictions.
- Strong organization communication and analytical skills required.
- Working knowledge of SAP payroll or other payroll systems preferred.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of precision with their work and possess strong attention to detail skills.
- This position has significant decision making responsibilities regarding payroll and tax issues. Decisions must also be made around garnishment interpretations, legal issues, and payroll law issues.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU? Vericast offers a generous total rewards benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401K and unlimited PTO allowance. A wide variety of additional benefits like life insurance, employee assistance and pet insurance are also available, not to mention smart and friendly coworkers!
At Vericast, we don’t just accept differences - we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our clients, and our community. As an Equal Opportunity employer, Vericast considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classifications protected by law. Applicants who have disabilities may request that accommodations be made in order to complete the selection process by contacting our Talent Acquisition team at [email protected]. EEO is the law. To review your rights under Equal Employment Opportunity please visit: www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.