Sr. Microstrategy Developer
- Fremont, CA
This position is responsible for development and support of our Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence platforms. This includes data modeling, ETL interfaces and BI reporting systems. This role will collaborate closely with both IT and business partners to understand requirements and design and implement solutions. The ideal candidate will have expertise with the MicroStrategy and SQL Server but is also able to quickly learn and support other BI and ETL platforms such as Oracle BI stack (OBIEE, OBIA, DAC), Informatica and DataStage.
- Design and develop ETL interfaces between multiple OLTP and OLAP systems using SSIS, Informatica and DataStage
- Data warehouse design and modeling (star schemas, dimensional modeling) in our SQL Server/MicroStrategy and Oracle BI Apps and data warehouses including customizations to out-of-box data models
- Create, maintain and troubleshoot SSIS packages
- Design and develop MicroStrategy metadata repository models and mapping of physical and presentation layers.
- Create unit and system test plans.
- Manage deployment and migration
- Assist and train QA analysts to test ETL interfaces and BI applications.
- Support analysts and end users in creating reports and dashboards.
- Performance tuning of ETL extracts and report queries.
- Respond to production support issues including some off-hours.
- 7+ years of Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence design and development experience
- 5+ years of experience with SQL Server and SSIS
- 5+ years MicroStrategy Development
- SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL proficiency required
- Familiarity with data modeling tools such as ERWin required
- Oracle e-Business Suite (11i, R12) and OBIEE knowledge a plus
- Informatica and/or DataStage knowledge a plus
- EDI experience a plus
- Demonstrated successful working relationships with IT and Business customers
- Ability to present complex technical ideas in business-friendly language