Senior Application Analyst - Oracle Application Analyst (ECM/WCC)
- Fremont, CA
Overview: Develop and implement the strategy for content management, records retention, and customer and vendor portals using Oracle UCM/ECM, Oracle WCC and MicroSoft SharePoint. Serve as a Content Analyst between Aerojet business process owners and various business systems within the Enterprise consisting of legacy systems and the Oracle eBusiness Suite of applications. Duties include the architecture, engineering, and operational services for the IT strategy, innovation, operation, and infrastructure required to deliver efficient and effective platforms fundamental to business success. Coordinate with Centers of Excellence and IT to implement and support Oracle UCM/ECM, Oracle WCC and MicroSoft SharePoint solutions to satisfy business requirements. Mentor and develop other IT resources.
1) Experience architecting and developing UCM/ECM/Stellent solutions leveraging Oracle's Universal Content Management UCM , Oracle Enterprise Content Management ECM, Stellent, OpenText, Vignette, or similar applications.
2) Deep knowledge of multi-faceted taxonomy creation, including meta-data relationships, content classification, controlled vocabularies, and user tagging applicationsAbility
3) Strong knowledge of Information Architecture / User Experience concepts and best practices as it applies to document management across the enterprise.
4) Ability to define and implement leading practices, governance, standards and processes for taxonomy development, maintenance of centralized schemas, and metadata managementAbility to drive technical requirements into taxonomy and classification tools.
5) Experience successfully delivering on multiple aspects of UCM/ECM technology projects.
6) Broad awareness of eBusiness: portals, enterprise content and document management, collaboration and enterprise search.
Essential Job Functions (Including % of Time for Each): 85% - Responsible for identifying business requirements, requirements management, functional design, prototyping, process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), testing, training, defining support procedures and supporting implementations. Responsibile for the creation of a multi-faceted taxonomy, including meta-data relationships, content classification, controlled vocabularies, and user tagging applications. Work with business to define the business requirements for taxonomy, metadata, and content classification. Define and implement leading practices, governance, standards and processes for taxonomy development, maintenance of centralized schemas, and metadata management. Provide coaching and mentoring of less-experienced staff. Assist with systems planning, scheduling and implementation.
15% - Collaborates with project team to keep project on schedule. Coordinate issue resolution efforts across peer support groups, technical support teams, and vendors as required. Effectively coordinate and communicate issue resolution.
Requirements: Bachelor's degree and at least six years of directly related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience required. Substantial experience gathering requirements and defining solutions. Must have demonstrated experience and skill in defining, testing and implementing document management and web portal solutions. Must have A minimum of 2 full life cycle implementations. Experience as an IT project resource or lead is required. Experience creating a governance board and business readiness processes. Experience with the following products; Oracle UCM/ECM, Oracle WCC, Stellant, Microsoft Sharepoint. Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments. Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint). Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment. Should demonstrate the ability and willingness to mentor other staff members. Requires U.S. Citizenship.