Java Mid-Level Programmer
- Fremont, CA
100% relocation is provided
Our Mid-Level Game Programmer will create high quality code and effectively communicate new features and functionality to programming, design, or art.
• Assist Senior Game Programmers as required per project.
• Take initiative to be fully up-to-date and versed in relevant sections of the game design.
• Complete work in a timely manner.
• Test, debug and revise code, including profiling, performance analysis and performance tuning as necessary.
• Participate in peer level code reviews.
• Work independently on the task at hand under varying levels of supervision.
• Report to Lead Programmer for day-to-day tasks.
• Report to Technical Director for high-level tasks and personnel issues in the case where no Lead Programmer exists for the current project at hand.
• College BS degree in CS or Engineering is preferred. Exceptions will be made for equivalent independent experience.
• Developed at least one shipped title or equivalent industry experience.
• Have a passion for playing games
Ideal programming experience:
• Very experienced with Java
• Experienced with jQuery
• Experienced with XML
• Experienced with servlets
• Server-client programming
• SQL and Hibernate
• General web knowledge - HTML, CSS
• Experience using Google Web Toolkit would be a nice plus
The company is PLAOR (Startup/start up company)
PLAOR is an emerging new social games publisher with an exciting and unique catalog.
PLAOR is led by industry visionaries from Xbox, Sony Online, THQ, Playdom, Disney Interactive Group, and EA.
PLAOR offices are in Boston and Southern California.
PLAOR will change the game.