Job Title: Senior .NET Software Developer
DEPARTMENT NAME: .NET Development
REPORTS TO: .NET Developer Lead
POSITION SUMMARY: The senior software developer will work full-time in our software development life cycle, including specification, design, implementation and testing of new features and bug fixing. He or she is responsible for the code produced by his or her scrum team.
BS Degree CSC/CPE or minimum of 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
Must possess proficient skills utilizing the following technologies:
○ Database Experience (SQL, XML, ADO/ADO.NET, LINQ).
○ Platform (Windows Server 2003/2008, IIS 6/7, SQL Server 2000/2005/2008).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is a representative list of the general duties the position may be asked to perform and is not intended to be all-inclusive.
● Apt at evaluating whether simple interrelationships between programs such as whether a contemplated change in one part of a program would cause unwanted results in a related part.
● Responsible for his or her team’s code.
● Leads team towards successful sprints.
● Works independently and manages assigned tasks as well as being a good team-player.
● Possess positive work attitude.
● Methodical, logical, patient, careful and accurate, with strong attention to detail.
● Ability to work with minimal supervision.
● Excellent time management skills; uses time effectively and efficiently.
● Ability, on a consistent basis, to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time in a high stress environment, under substantial pressure.
● Ability to learn quickly when facing new problems; relentless and versatile learner that is open to change.
● Carefully reviews specifications before they are coded.
● Responsible for testing his or her own code.
● (For future 360 surveys) Responsible for creating comprehensive unit tests when the technology allows it.
● Makes sure the relevant technical people are involved for projects.
● Performs code reviews that generate high value for peers.
● Leads team to create easily maintainable and understandable code
● Follows design library when applicable.
● Assists new development team members with their understanding of our software.