NET developer - Trading Systems - Powershell
- San Francisco, CA
Location: San Francisco, CA
Type: CTH (3 or 6 months)
Work auth: Citizens & GC (H1, if candidate is stellar)
Geo search: National
Start date: Immediate
Responsible for planning, conducting and directing the analysis of complex business problems to be solved with automated systems. Provides technical expertise in identifying, evaluation and developing systems that are cost effective and meet user requirements. Plans and executes unit, integration and acceptance testing and criteria specification for system to meet business requirements. Designs details of automatic systems. Provides consultation to users in the area of automated systems. Projects assigned impact enterprise wide systems.
- Various financial applications front end are hosted on Citrix Servers.
- As a system integrator of various financial systems, the candidate will write scripts to extract data (via database queries, API, etc.) from one system to the other, querying the backend database.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to talk to end-users and executives.
- Candidate should have expertise in File I/O handling & formatting. (Text files, XML, etc)
- Follow Microsoft best practices, enterprise coding standards, testing & change release procedures.
- Must have worked in the financial Industry (Investment management firm).
- Must have more than 10 years of experience (US work experience required).
- Must have experience in scripting of Batch jobs and FTP transmission under Windows environment.
- Must be able to fluently convert business requirements into technical specifications.
- Must be able to work as team member, along with a team of developers.
- Must have good documentation skills, making it easy for other developers to support the system.
- Must be willing to support production systems, troubleshoot & resolve any data load issues. Assignment Work Schedule
Required/Must have skills:
Skill-set: C#.NET, VB.NET, ASP.NET, Windows PowerShell 1.0 & 2.0 (Remoting), Batch jobs & FTP scripting.
Codebase: Microsoft.NET 3.5, MVVM, Windows Powershell 1.0.
Performance tuning of complex SQL queries & stored procedures.
Rewrite & improve tables/indexes/slow running SQL queries in legacy applications.
Client systems: Windows XP & Windows 7 desktops.
App Servers: Windows 2003, Windows 2008 Servers & Citrix.
Database Servers: SQL Server 2005, Oracle 9i,11g , Proprietary systems.
EXPERIENCE WITH TRADING SYSTEMS
EXPERENCE WITH POWERSHELL