UX/User Experience Director
- San Luis Obispo, CA
100% relocation provided
Confidential cilent is located in beautiful San Luis Obispo, CA is looking for a Director of User Experience to join its ever-growing Product Development team. This person will lead a team of user experience professionals, championing a consistent UX vision across programs and throughout the organization. The Director of User Experience collaborates with product strategy, product management, and development teams, as the chief user advocate throughout the software development life cycle. Ideal candidates bring years of experience building and leading design teams, managing complex software projects, and ultimately delivering great user experiences to a wide audience.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
· 8+ years of user experience and digital design. · 5+ years of experience building and leading successful design and/or UX teams.
· Bachelor of Science in design, HCI or related fields; or equivalent experience.
· Proven ability to instill experience design as a core value within a software development organization’s culture.
· Expert facilitation, brainstorming and collaboration skills with expert user experience orientation and exceptional people skills.
· Deep knowledge of tools used by UX designers and researchers and when to use them appropriately.
· Thorough knowledge of the software development lifecycle and experience with Agile Scrum.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is a representative list of the general duties the position may be asked to perform and is not intended to be all-inclusive.
· Manage a team of UX designers including hiring and developing design talent.
· Educate and promote UX best practices to the Product Development group and entire organization. This includes facilitating and presenting design talks, studios, critiques, and hack days leading cilent as a UX driven company.
· Manage the cilent's design library, making final decisions on content, submissions and conformance in development team projects.
· Collaborate with Senior Management to help develop priorities for the organization.
· Coordinate and provide direction for UX assignments and activities across multiple projects and strategic initiatives.
· Maintains and continually improves processes for how UX professionals collaborate with development teams and Product Owners during the development lifecycle.
· Sets direction for gathering and analyzing usability research on projects.
· Define and measure metrics to track user satisfaction both overall and specific to strategic development initiatives.
· Ensures the UX team is delivering high-quality and timely research, design, and usability testing.
· Attract, develop and retain top UX design talent.
· Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard. · Able to sit at a desk for extended periods of time and read a computer monitor.
· Able to read and comprehend reason and analyze.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The incumbent or successful candidate must meet the position requirements above in order to perform the essential functions of this position and achieve the outcomes/results indicated in this position description.
SCOPE OF SUPERVISION: This position plays a key role in recruiting, supervising, evaluating, mentoring and if necessary dismissing the people on the UX Team. Actual hiring and budgetary authority belongs to the Chief Product Officer. Although, the Director of User Experience position can operate successfully with little direct supervision, all operational changes particularly those relating to job function changes, raises, service level goals, and anything budget related must be agreed upon by the Chief Product Officer.