- Foster City, CA
Location: Foster City, CA
Contract: W2, 3 months, will be extended
The DBA will be responsible for managing multiple database versions Oracle 10g, 11g, ASM, RAC and non RAC environments. However, the emphasis of this candidate is toward performance/tuning and architecture of data marts in the 2-6TB range. Primary responsibilities include performance/tuning using AWR, TKProf, and SQL Analyzer: performance tuning, trouble-shooting, back-up and recovery, partition management as well as applying patches and upgrades. Educating and governing SQL best practices for development group is a plus, and good communication and team-building skills are also key. This individual will also be responsible for managing Development, Test and Production databases and implementing future Oracle enhancements to meet the business needs of the end users.
BA/BS: IS, CIS, CS, related technical degree; or equivalent applicable industry experience
- 8-10+ years hands-on experience as an Oracle DBA on Unix-based systems (incl. physical Design and implementation) in mission critical environment.
- Thorough knowledge of Oracle RDBMS 10g and 11g environments, including RAC, ASM, RMAN and Physical Standby environments.
- Strong RAC implementation experience and troubleshooting skills (3+ years).
- 5+ years of Data warehousing experience.
- Experience setting up and maintaining Data Guard on 10g/11g.
- Strong knowledge of Oracle Database monitoring and tuning using stats pack/TKProf, Active Workload Repository reports
- Strong Knowledge of database backup and recovery using RMAN backup.
- Experience performing Oracle installations, upgrades, and installing patches.
- Experience with logical and physical data modeling.
- Strong knowledge of Unix Operating System internals on Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS, or Oracle Linux.
- Strong knowledge of UNIX shell or Perl scripting languages.
- Strong knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL.
- Experience with third party Oracle and RDBMS management tools such as the Quest or Embarcadero Suite.
- NetApps knowledge preferred, including Snap Manager for Oracle
- Ability to work independently and as a team player. Ability to be motivated and take ownership of data marts.
- Strong problem determination and resolution skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Administer and support Oracle 10g and 11g databases including wide range of applications, e.g., Business Intelligence, Informatica, etc.
- Develop documentation and procedures to maintain and support new and existing database operations.
- Provide 'best practices' knowledge related to the use of the Oracle database technology.
- Perform database capacity planning related to database growth and system utilization, trend analysis and prediction of future database resource requirements.
- Perform database recovery, backup and restore, including Oracle Data Guard set-up, failover and resynchronization using RMAN.
- Perform Oracle database duplications, database refreshes, and logical table recoveries.
- Provide performance analysis, daily monitoring, patching analysis and strategy, and troubleshooting and resolution of Oracle database issues.
- Develop, manage and test back-up and recovery plans and procedures during bi-annual Disaster Recovery exercise.
- Work closely with business units and IT technical teams to ensure delivery of database services within the agreed upon SLA's set forth.
- Provide rotational on-call (off-hour and weekend) support for production database and application related systems.
- Ability to work under pressure and easily adapt in an ever changing environment.
US Citizen/Green Card/EAD only
No Sponsorship provided