UX Designer - Web Application
- Palo Alto, CA
We are looking for a creative, practical, and thorough web user experience designer to join us in constructing the face of our company application suite. While the biomedical data domain can sound complex, it is crucial that our applications remain intuitive and inviting. Your responsibility will be to lead the charge on that front. We are expanding our product development effort now, and intend to build in top-quality UX from the start. You will be well-versed in UX principles, and confident in applying them to our application design. You will insist on interfaces that are consistent, intuitive, and yes, delightful to use. We are breaking new ground as we take a modern web application suite into the biomedical and healthcare industries, and you should be as excited as we are to show these customers what they should be expecting from their software tools.
- Lead the overall and feature-level interaction design of our application suite.
- Collaborate across the organization, e.g. with a product manager to ensure harmony between interaction design and feature roadmap, or with field engineers and customers to incorporate user feedback.
- Contribute a strong voice for UI/UX principles to the product definition process, ensuring consistent, intuitive, and delightful user experience across the full application.
- Produce wireframe storyboards and mockups to explore a wide variety of design options including workflows, layouts, and associated widgets.
- Produce final layouts of pages, dialogs, etc., incorporating (or optionally producing) visual themes and related graphics assets.
- Communicate your elegant designs and UX concepts to our software engineers clearly and in detail, and work with them to validate the resulting implementations.
- Stay informed on the latest browser-based UI technologies, and work with software engineers to take advantage of them as appropriate.
- Translate our browser-based UI/UX into an effective tablet version, and (for an appropriate subset) into a phone version.
- Extensive experience defining web-based UX for successful applications. Experience with application types such as B2B SaaS suite or engineering/analysis tools would be ideal.
- Expert abilities in efficient UI prototyping and exploration, able to whip up several options for challenging interactions.
- A portfolio that shows a talent for clean, intuitive application design.
- Excellent taste in visual, layout, and icon design is a must.
- Ability to document and communicate your designs clearly
- Ability to generate graphics assets for a web UI is a strong plus, but not strictly required.
- Ability to write and optimize HTML/CSS code is a strong plus, but not strictly required. Detailed knowledge of what UX is possible through a browser is required.
- Familiarity with issues around translating browser applications to mobile platforms (e.g. tablet) is a plus.
- Knowledge of biomedical or healthcare domain a plus but not required. Most important is the interest to get to know an exciting new constituency of users and build an application that makes their lives better.
- Ability to work both independently and closely with a team, in a fast-moving environment. (Ability to keep things sane when everyone chimes in about UX design is a strong plus!)
FULL TIME APPLICANTS ONLY
USA APPLICANTS ONLY (GREEN CARD, US CITIZENS, EAD ONLY)
NO SPONSORSHIP PROVIDED