Big Data / Hadoop Architect
- San Francisco, CA
This position will be responsible for architecting and developing high-performance, distributed, scalable cloud based web application stack for cutting edge electric vehicle charging ecosystem.
It will be a hands-on role where responsibilities will include architecting, designing and implementation in UX, server-side and big data technologies. Will also work with cross-functional teams to ensure products meet functionality, cost and reliability requirements. Must be able to carry out complex tasks with a minimum of guidance and be comfortable providing detailed guidance to others.
- Driving the architecture and design, and leading development of high-performance, distributed, scalable cloud based Java based platform.
- Review changes in code and the environment to determine impacts on system performance.
- Research and recommend software applications/tools to provide technical leadership in developing service applications and analyzing business requirements.
- Driving generation of comprehensive architecture and feature specification documents.
- Develops, integrates and implements related applications components, server-side development and database integration.
- Must be able to drive problem-solving strategies for complex issues that involve cross-functional disciplines.
- Estimate and plan implementation effort of features.
- Write high-quality code with emphasis on security, performance, and scalability.
- Encourage innovation of process and creative development methodologies
- Develop and execute unit tests for product components
- Participate actively and contribute to design, development discussions.
- Perform technical analysis to present pros and cons of various solutions to problems.
- Mentor team members as and when necessary.
Desired Skills & Experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Minimum 3+ years of applicable Architect experience.
- 10+ years of software development experience.
- 1+ years of hands-on Hadoop experience (sizing, install, MapReduce).
- Hands on experience in the design and development of software products/applications built on the Java platform.
- Development and leadership experience in an enterprise-class system with multi-tier architecture
- Broad experience with various development frameworks such as MVC, Spring, Apache CXF, Hibernate to name few.
- Java server-side and GUI development experience.
- Broad experience with various J2EE containers such as Weblogic, Tomcat, JBOSS, etc.
- Web service design, testing and implementation
- Solid understanding of web data formats (XML, JSON)
- Experience with in-memory caching data grid (Hazelcast, Coherance, etc).
- Experience with data sharding, failover and clustering using RDMS and/or NoSQL persistent storage.
- Expert in J2EE APIs including Servlets, JTA, JSPs, JSTL, JSF,web services and JDBC
- Expert in implementing successful high-performance multi-threaded server applications
- Experience with Design patterns
- Experience delivering complex software installed and used by multiple customers
- Knowledge of the implications of developing for high-availability clustered environments
- Working knowledge of Linux and Windows.
- Comfortable working in a flexible Agile development environment
- Experience with Continuous Integration and code quality improvement tools (Sonar, PMD, eclemma, Maven etc).
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
- Excellent debugging skills, code reviewing capabilities and refactoring skills.
- Proven experience with cloud applications and platforms (SalesForce, GAE, Amazon S3 and EC2).
Exposure to and interest in Open Source frameworks, tools, and technologies.
US CITIZENS, GREEN CARDS, EAD ONLY
NO SPONSORSHIP PROVIDED
USA APPLICANTS ONLY