Remote EDI Programmer/ EDI specialist
- Chandler, AZ
3 MONTH CONTRACT POSITON (IDEALLY FULL TIME HIRE IS DESIRED)
THIS WOULD BE A PHONE HIRE
Job Summary: The EDI Analyst acts as the liaison between us and our EDI trading partners and is responsible for the ongoing analysis, development and support of our EDI operations.
1. Technical Analysis and Subject Matter Expertise (40%):
a. Provides subject matter expertise for EDI transactions in Ports America’s terminal operating systems (TOS) to customer support teams, trading partners and development teams.
b. Analyzes business requirements for EDI and develops functional specifications for application developers.
c. Set up and maintain trading partnership (setup EDI communications, setup EDI partners in translator and TOS, maintain EDI contacts, etc.); develop and test maps for messages in EDI, XML and proprietary formats
2. Problem resolution (35%):
a. Monitor EDI production systems and operations and take appropriate actions to resolve system failures
b. Troubleshoot and resolve EDI processing issues for internal and external customers
c. Investigate and re-process EDI files in case of processing errors.
d. Contact trading partners’ EDI group and communication providers to resolve data transmission issues.
e. Identify and resolve root cause of problems in a multi-vendor, multi-provider and multi-component distributed environment.
3. System enhancement and continuous improvement (20%):
a. Enhances current monitoring system to track end-to-end processing of EDI messages.
b. Continuously improves EDI infrastructure and technology (workflow, translation, monitoring, version upgrades).
c. Maintain EDI documentation such as work instructions, procedures.
4. Compliance (5%): Understands, manages and assures compliance with Customs Border Patrol AMS/ACE regulations, procedures and protocols.
Key areas of expertise
Problem Resolution – Monitor reports, system error codes, transmission reports, and other reports for exceptions. Identifies the problems, work with customer and staff as appropriate, develops resolution, implement and/or coordinate corrective actions, advises team members of status, completes post mortem to develop preventative measures.
Proactive Impact Analysis – Actively participates with stakeholders to understand and document requirements and develop solution options. Analysis may include extracting data from various systems to assess impact.
Task Ownership – Develop plans and tasks required to implement changes to EDI related systems. Exercises end-to-end ownership to ensure all impacted systems and processes are performing optimally.
Decision Making – Must have a detailed understanding of EDI and be able to differentiate between levels of decision making authority when making system or process changes.
Autonomy of Action and Confidentiality – Must use discretion and care to maintain the confidentiality of information in the systems.
Leadership and Influence – Uses skill and tact in listening to stakeholders to understand business and system requirements.
Skill Variety – Position requires a significant amount of technical experience including a broad range of knowledge of EDI transactions and development experience utilizing database tools. The position requires knowledge of and experience using an EDI translator.
Task Significance – This is a highly technical position. The impact of errors in EDI transactions can be significant to the business.
Contacts and Communication – Interacts with customers, IT, sales and other vested stakeholders. High standards for customer service.
Job Requirements (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Behaviors):
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related business field or equivalent education and work experience
- Minimum five years experience in E-commerce and EDI technologies; minimum five years experience with an EDI translator (Inovis TrustedLink Enterprise and/or EDISphere strongly preferred)
- Experience developing and maintaining EDI maps; experience administering a production EDI system (Inovis TrustedLink Enterprise and/or EDISphere strongly preferred)
- Experience in a HP/UNIX environment. Development experience with shell scripts, Perl and other UNIX language/tools
- Experience in a Windows Server 2008 environment. Development experience with batch scripts, Perl and other Windows language/tools
- Experience with data communication protocols (FTP, HTTP, HTTPS, SFTP, AS2, FTPS)
- Development experience using database tools including Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL, Toad, etc.
§ Experience with government agencies related to transportation logistics; experience in transportation or global logistics
§ Experience with X12 EDI standards. Experience with transaction sets 301,309,310,315,404, 418, 715, 810 a plus.
keywords: EDI consultant, EDI manager, EDI coordinator, EDI specialist, EDI analyst, EDI programmer, Electronic Data Interchange analyst, Electronic Data Interchange programmer
USA APPLICANTS ONLY