EDI DEVELOPER/EDI Analyst
- Hercules, CA
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Business-to-Business (B2B) Integrations Analyst coordinates with the Bio-Rad eBusiness Team, providing technical project management production support for B2B integrations with selected Bio-Rad customers. The B2B Integrations Analyst will support integrations for Punch-Out and EDI using the Sterling Integrator toolset. Tasks include: , technical liaison for Bio-Rad B2B Business lead, supplier networks and B2B customers, mapping customer Punch-Out and/or EDI messages to Bio-Rad formats, coordinating and participating with customers to test integrations. Responsible for technical production support, implementation and maintenance of global EDI and Punch-Out applications. A successful candidate must:
- Understand development best practices, processes and standards and apply them to development activities.
- Analyze business problems and requirements. Design, develop, implement and maintain B2B integration mapping solutions, using Sterling Integrator software and middleware software. Includes inbound/outbound flow charts, data managers, queues, scripting, translation, encryption and communication modules. Translate business requirements into Baan EDI systems application
- Understand EDI transaction sets and have experience with EDI/XML/Flat file mapping, ideally, using Sterling Integrator Map Editor Tool. Familiarity with EDI transaction sets 850, 855, 856 and 810.
- Assist in tracking, researching and resolving systems issues related to Punch-Out or EDI transmission and receipts.
- Assess operational and performance requirements and provide designs and modifications to improve systems and enhance performance.
- Define additional monitoring or other alerts in order to notify of problems, incidents, or SLA breaches
- Create and update production support documentation
- Perform application availability check after OS/DB upgrades
- Perform Root Cause Analysis (RCAs) and post-mortems
Required: 5+ years hands-on experience designing, developing, implementing and supporting EDI and/or Punch-Out integrations, ideally using Sterling Integrator (Gentran) software toolset. Experience with Baan or a similar ERP is desirable,.
Excellent working knowledge of B2B integration implementations. Excellent ability to research, evaluate and implement technical solutions. Ability to formulate solutions and courses of action from small pieces of information.
A deep understanding of the concepts and application of at least two core technologies (for example: B2B integrations, content management systems, portal, messaging, J2EE, etc.) plus the ability to quickly assimilate information about new technologies.
Understanding of database concepts and experience with MS SQL Server or Oracle.
Proven experience planning and implementing successful and timely EDI and/or Punch-Out B2B integration projects.
Familiarity with Supplier Network vendor methodologies; e.g. Ariba, SciQuest and Oracle
Familiarity with SI Adapters ( Data, E-Business, Application, etc. ), Internet Protocols (SFTP, HTTPS, etc) and Standards (EDI, OCI, etc.) is a plus
Able to work with source code control system in multi-project, multi-developer environment.
Able to keep focused and organized in complex situations.
Proven ability to analyze complex problems and implement sound solutions.
Well developed inter-personal communications, both oral and written.
Excellent planning, research, time management, multi-tasking, problem resolution and decision making abilities.
Provides technical expertise and strategic guidance to co-workers.
Proven ability to work effectively and collaboratively with internal business and technical teams as well as vendors and consultants.