Project manager with Hardware experience
- San Mateo, CA
Project Manager, HW Platform PS4 go-to Market
The Project Manager, HW Platform PS4, will be an project management lead within the
SCEA HW Platform Marketing Group. Responsible for managing work stream, process,
timelines and various functions required of go-to-market for PS4 HW, content and
accessories. The Project Manager will work with various cross-functional teams in the
US (Product, Creative Services, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Safety and Compliance,
Legal, 1P/3P Games, PR, Customer Service, SNE, Channel, Retail, Consumer
Insights), Japan and Europe as well as external agencies BBH and Carat to manage the
master go-to-market schedule and process. This role will manage day-to-day activities
to align all cross-functions.
The ideal candidate is detail oriented with excellent project management skills to assure
go-to-market is managed so we achieve milestones and clearly communicate with all
parties. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and understanding of different
cultures are also required as this position will work with a diverse group of people
from different countries with different skill sets/backgrounds. Most of all, the candidate
is passionate to maintain organized timeline & calendar so all teams are held to the
highest standards of achievement.
• Manage go to market project assigned by HW Platforms. Detailed project
management duties will include,
• Manage Go-to-market milestones, inter-department weekly meetings, bi-weekly
RHQ meetings and maintain a master project calendar. Interact closely with
various cross functional teams (Product, Creative Services, Marketing, Sales,
Operations, Safety and Compliance, Legal, 1P/3P Games, PR, Customer
Service, SNE, Channel, Retail, Consumer Insights) within SCE to manage all
key milestones & share learnings/communications to ensure integrated planning
• Managing go to market project work streams and schedules.
• Communicating project milestones effectively to relevant team members.
• Working with external agencies to ensure information sharing and clearly
communicate milestones .
• Work with and support cross-functional managers both internal and external to
contain all development milestones include creating touch points for executive
approval (SCEA Greenlight) process and develop documents to communicate
the project plan.
• Strong project management skills to manage fast-paced development.
• Understanding of the product development principles.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to communicate
with a wide variety of audiences ranging in skill set (highly technical to nontechnical) and experience (individual contributors to executive management),
cross-organizationally and with external partners. Must be able to create and
deliver informative, well-organized and engaging presentations as well project
plans, reports, and other project documents.
• Excellent interpersonal skills. Must be able to work collaboratively in a team
environment and build strong working relationships with both internal and
• Excellent problem solving and analysis skills combined with impeccable business
• Must be resourceful and seek solutions through research, information gathering,
stakeholder discussions, and exercise sound business judgment.
• Understanding of and open-mindedness toward cultural differences in both U.S.
and Japanese working environments.
• Experience in the video game industry is not required, but interest and solid
understanding in gaming, digital entertainment, consumer electronics, and
technology is necessary.
• Interest and passion for new and emerging technologies and the potential
application for gaming and digital entertainment.
• Self-motivated with great interest in creating new products.
• Possess high standard on business ethics in working with internal and external
• 4+ years of relevant experience in new product development, product
management, project management in engineering/development, game
production, operations management in consumer electronics, digital
entertainment or video game and accessory industry.
• Project Manager Certification Required