- San Mateo, CA
6 month contract
Rate is DOE
The Infrastructure Specialist role is split between 1) providing day to day operational support for existing Web infrastructure services and users of those services at both traditional data center and Amazon Web Services/AWS and 2) project based work leading to the migration, development and deployment of additional infrastructure to Amazon Web Services/AWS.
Plan, manage and implement infrastructure projects and upgrades.
Monitor network performance and conduct in-depth network performance testing.
Support and monitor existing infrastructure, perform preventative maintenance work, backup and perform other regular support activities to ensure effectiveness.
Respond to support requests and to manage such items through to resolution or escalate them to another member of the team or the Manager of Web Operations.
Ensure that all work and changes are performed in such a way as to minimize any disruption to existing business services.
Assist in keeping track of the infrastructure assets and ensure that the infrastructure and applications and data are kept secure at all times.
Assist in designing and documenting infrastructure processes, procedures and standards and to maintain or prepare system and software documentation as directed.
Assist in the evaluation of infrastructure services equipment and software for purchase. Develops cost estimates and makes recommendations for systems development and upgrades to existing systems
- B.A. or B.S. in a technical field or a relevant combination of education and experience.
- Network Certification desired.
- Knowledge of computer servers, server operating systems, server tools and utilities, load balancers, databases (oracle), server data backup and restore.
- Implementing and managing virtual infrastructures.
- Amazon Web Services experience highly desired.
- Knowledgeable in application transport and network infrastructure protocols (SSL/TLS, DNS, DHCP, WINS, NTP, FTP, HTTP, SMTP, CIFS, LDAP, and Microsoft AD)
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technologies and products.
- Strong oral, written, communications and presentation skills.
USA applicants only