Senior QA Engineer/Sr. QA Engineer
- San Francisco, CA
Senior QA Engineer
Location: San Francisco
Duration: 3-6 months
Interview: 1 phone interview (30 minutes, but very in-depth)
Act as the lead QA engineer in the development of automated function, integration, regression and performance testing framework for database and web applications. The QA Engineer will be a critical role on a new enterprise data management platform that will support trade operations and data mastering solutions. The QA Engineer will be a key player in determining the technical direction for the automated integration testing, scaling and load testing of small scale but highly critical trade data system.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Lead the development of test strategies for enterprise applications group
- Reviews development of testing frameworks, coding standards, conducts code reviews and walkthroughs, and conducts in-depth design reviews
- Analyze current testing strategies and provide consultative direction and best practice to the QA software release cycle
- Perform testing duties for existing and new applications
- Study new project design documents, maintain test guidelines, create innovative testing methods, and test cases
- Provide clear and concise project QA status reports for the team, cross-functional partners, and management
- Responsible for the design, development, and implementation of automated integration and scale/load testing framework for database and web applications
- Solid understanding of BA principles/BABOK and the application of best practices to QA programs
- Solid understanding & practical experience of Agile SDLC, with particular emphasis on pipeline automation.
- Experience leveraging cutting edge methodologies – Behavior driven development (BDD), Test driven development (TDD), Continuous Deployment and Continuous Performance testing
- Expertise in database systems primarily SQL Server (2008, 2012) and querying data sets for unit testing and code reviews
- Understands web services (REST, SOAP) & underlying protocols (HTTP/S, TCP/IP) in multilayer QA test frameworks.
- Technical knowledge and in-depth load testing experience
- A minimum of 7+ yrs software development/automation and testing experience to include:
- Requirements analysis, test case identification, test script creation and execution, tracking of defects and reporting of results.
- Experience executing automated regression testing scripts such as Selenium, Ranorex or experience with other automation tools
USA applicants only